Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sorbo double holster modification

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Very nice dave, does it spring back horizontal after u take the squeegee out?
Whats your opinion of that green rubber u have there dave? Never tried it personally /emoticons/smile.png
Do not buy green lasted an hour- few windows...

yeah i made a small one too, i took it a step further and made a small bucket on a beltI trialed this for a month but took it off, i was using this tiny applicator with regular 14", if i were to try something like this again i might try an 18" with a 10"

View attachment 5662 View attachment 5663[/quote

yeah i made a small one too, i took it a step further and made a small bucket on a beltI trialed this for a month but took it off, i was using this tiny applicator with regular 14", if i were to try something like this again i might try an 18" with a 10"

View attachment 5662 View attachment 5663
I have been looking for a way to carry a number of squeegees as I have whole days of small windows. Your 'bit on the side' looks a good candidate. A very good idea.

Paul yes it does spring back as it is a very tight fir it the holes on the boab and sturdy cable

That green rubber only gets used on that squeegee 5.5 ish inch..never measured but is part of an old unger channel

I bought 2 long strips to try and it was shocking but on the small one i get enough pressure for it to work

i just don't like throwing stuff away

It will last forever 2x42" strips on that squeegee

And i have a piece in my version of sick charlie that lives in my boot now

Paul yes it does spring back as it is a very tight fir it the holes on the boab and sturdy cableThat green rubber only gets used on that squeegee 5.5 ish inch..never measured but is part of an old unger channel

I bought 2 long strips to try and it was shocking but on the small one i get enough pressure for it to work

i just don't like throwing stuff away

It will last forever 2x42" strips on that squeegee

And i have a piece in my version of sick charlie that lives in my boot now
Nice, i love the heated up screwdriver option for those winout power tools. I might give that a go sometime as i imagine the holes more presice as well.

I will give the green a miss then lol i also use old rubber from larger channels for smaller, i try and recycle from the largest to the next size as often just the ends are worn eh? Thats why ive got about 13 dogeared channels

This is how i use my swiveloc 0° and why i have 2 10inch squeegees

This one is no good to use in your hand but wicked on a pole

0° swiveloc for out of reach bottom windows: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jZyQlhBeCY[/media]

It was white everywhere this morning and now nice enough weather to be doing that in a hoodie

That is how i do the whole ground floor of that block (3 2 bed flats) 5 units and a big bay each...takes under 20 minutes

Last edited by a moderator:
Gd skills with that swivel dave, thats the first time ive seen one of those being used :thumbsup:

They are usually quite stiff but i took the swivel apart and sanded the sides of the connecting swivel bits to make them a touch thinner so they swivel a lot looser

it is also good with the pole to do shop fronts but needs a bigger channel really

Not quick release like the 30° but could be converted from a scrap ettore type mechanism

The 30° i haven't sanded as it is only used to change the angle if needed for awkward angles while on the ladder or a pole

They are usually quite stiff but i took the swivel apart and sanded the sides of the connecting swivel bits to make them a touch thinner so they swivel a lot looserit is also good with the pole to do shop fronts but needs a bigger channel really

Not quick release like the 30° but could be converted from a scrap ettore type mechanism

The 30° i haven't sanded as it is only used to change the angle if needed for awkward angles while on the ladder or a pole
Do u think u could make it even smoother and add zipstrap stabalisers like in waggas wagtails? That way it turns easily but also resets itself.

This week i did a road with bay windows for the front lounge, they are high ones and hard to reach the top openers which are themselves quite big. What i do is pop the applicator on my 22" squeegee and it easily reaches the whole window. Then i move the handle down on a long channel like an 18" or whatever fits in the pane. I will do one swipe across the glass from the top, then depending on what amount of solution is left at the bottom i will finish with appropriate squeegee, sick charlie gets a go on most of these. Another example of the be efits of multiple squeegees. I wfp the upstairs on these.

I could get it smoother if i worked on it

Also it has a **** on it to tighten if needed or lock it

This is how i use my swiveloc 0° and why i have 2 10inch squeegeesThis one is no good to use in your hand but wicked on a pole

0° swiveloc for out of reach bottom windows: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jZyQlhBeCY[/media]

It was white everywhere this morning and now nice enough weather to be doing that in a hoodie

That is how i do the whole ground floor of that block (3 2 bed flats) 5 units and a big bay each...takes under 20 minutes
I like this, but do you use a Wagtail, because you can do this and not have to detail? I have two home-made extension poles, one only about 8 inches, which I carry with me that would allow me to reach that window in the video.

I didn't need to detail that window

It was more to show the method properly if needed

I always wipe the sill and bottom frame but that would be it

I would use that method over a conny to reach a window from distance which would be hard with a wag and then would detail as i wouldn't be able to see properly if anything was left on the glass

Latest Posts

Back