Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Split Charge Relay

WCF

Help Support WCF:

@spruce is way too clever for us plebs mate. It's straight over my head as well. I'm just a simple windy ?

I also class myself as a pleb?.

We all have fields of expertise, but that does mean we know all there is to know. For me its just simply why does it work and when it doesn't, why doesn't it.

I have been watching Journey with Jono on YouTube. He has recently replaced his lead acid narrow boat batteries with a bank of Lithium batteries.

The epsodes from here;

The complex monitoring of his system is way over my head. They keep saying that this is going to be the way forward so this is why I've tried to understand what he doing/has done. Battery usage on canal boats/narrow boats is similar to our needs with regard to window cleaning although their daily power consumption is greater than ours.

Lithium ion batteries (Lifeo4) on the face of it are ideally suited to window cleaning. They accept a fast charge so keeping a battery charged via a battery to battery charger would mean little user input. However, they are very expensive and the other downside is they need to be kept at temperatures above freezing, hardly possible in our application during winter.

Back