Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Split charge relay quote

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Fair enough
From my point of view it comes down to one of my original posts in that I still can’t seem to see why we are being pushed into these expensive relays when the simple ones seem to do the job just the same.
Maybe I’ll never know.
But I do agree with you in that sometimes it’s better to go out and earn some nice money on the windows and let someone else do other jobs that you could probably do yourself but it’s faff. I’ve started doing it with jobs on my own house. Jobs that I can do myself but just can’t be bothered anymore as like I said they are faff.

I still can’t seem to see why we are being pushed into these expensive relays when the simple ones seem to do the job just the same.
The problem arises as manufacturers are pushed into decreasing the emissions all the time. So they come up with cheap ways of doing this. One of these is to only pull power from the alternator when you let go of the throttle or brake - i.e. utilising 'waste' energy to charge the battery. The problem is increased because the vehicle manufacturers don't tell anyone how the system works and what the maximum voltages are. So some newer vehicles with 'smart alternators' are fine with the old split charge relays others are not and can damage leisure batteries if they are charged with hight voltages.
So any 'professional' company will cover their backsides and quote for a Battery 2 Battery type charger.

Back