Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Spotless water over van based filtration

WCF

Help Support WCF:

What are people’s thoughts for a new starter.
RO or spotless water.
I guess the question I want to ask is if on meter is it significantly more expensive chosing spotless water.

What are people’s thoughts for a new starter.
RO or spotless water.
I guess the question I want to ask is if on meter is it significantly more expensive chosing spotless water.
@Gareth R Jones I did a calculation some time ago that it worked out fairly similar price for either producing my own water using an RO and DI, or going to Spotless. I factored in how much diesel I'd roughly use travelling into that too. I only use about 200-250 litres a week as I do other things aswell. If you need a lot of water then an RO is probably a no-brainer because not only are you not travelling to Spotless to get it (you could easily use that time for other things), you also aren't relying on them being "online" and working when you get there. Only happens very occasionally but is frustrating when you get an email (or worse drive there) telling you the filling station is offline for maintenance for a number of hours. On the plus side the water dispensing is very, very fast at spotless (about 100 litres a minute I think). I have a friend who lives about 3 minutes from our local spotless and he uses it all the time. He doesn't want the hassle of having a system at home and either having enough space at home for water storage or leaving his van to fill up over a number of hours. Sorry it's not a definitive answer but lots of reasons for and against and you obviously have the costs of the RO system, DI vessel and resin to take into account.

If I was starting out, and there was a spotless nearby, then I would definitely use it.
No point buying equipment, and then deciding window cleaning is not for you (very likely).
If you make a go of it then , you can have a rethink later.

Hi
I have considered this avenue too
Thanks for thoughts
@Gareth R Jones when you start up it's a bit overwhelming all the different setups people have - vans, RO systems, poles etc. It's also an industry where I genuinely have never known so much new equipment coming out all the time. Considering the account with Spotless is free and topping up with the keyfob is a doddle it makes things alot easier for some people (not just new starters, I still use them as I am unable to have an RO at home like other people can't). Good luck with it all mate 👍.

There is a fella on a Facebook group who set up in the last year, he thinks it's complete madness to buy an R/O and the have to do the ongoing maintenance swapping filters etc, he has a Spotless place near his home so he just refills every evening after work and he is good to go the next day, he has factored the cost into his pricing and he his work his high priced

I use two filling stations spotless and an independant one both in competition with each other and both around the corner from each other so I am fortunate in that respect and because they are in competition the prices are cheaper. Its only a 15 minute drive from where I live and I clean windows sometimes only round the corner from where they are situated so it makes sense to buy my water filtered instead of making it.

Latest Posts

Back