Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Stains on fascias I can not shift HELP!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

DS WC west midlands

So there i am cleaning away on a gutter & Fascia & bam! rinse chem's off and i am left with a dark patch ( not dirt ) almost like when paint runs, but a lot of it on the fascia, i tried everything Ubik, unger rubout, stradrops the pink stuff, nothing would shift it... Customer did not mind, but i am left feeling deflated does anyone know if this is something that will come off ? or is this a shadowing effect left by the dirt underneath? ... Any help anyone could provide would be of great use to me ? ? ?

Thanks in advance

Sounds like Tiger Stripes, I think @Pjj had a chemical that cleaned them off. If you're up ladders doing it a good UPVC cleaner should remove them
Terra wash is good on plastics for removing tiger stripes and if on aluminium commercial buildings the the oxi wash is good stuff but neither is cheap !!!!!!!

Attachments

• 400F4A88-6627-4532-B55F-28BDCD584614.png
    400F4A88-6627-4532-B55F-28BDCD584614.png
    312.7 KB · Views: 10
  • BB9C6C03-BE85-4697-9339-C38EB1ECA0A8.png
    BB9C6C03-BE85-4697-9339-C38EB1ECA0A8.png
    321.6 KB · Views: 10
So there i am cleaning away on a gutter & Fascia & bam! rinse chem's off and i am left with a dark patch ( not dirt ) almost like when paint runs, but a lot of it on the fascia, i tried everything Ubik, unger rubout, stradrops the pink stuff, nothing would shift it... Customer did not mind, but i am left feeling deflated does anyone know if this is something that will come off ? or is this a shadowing effect left by the dirt underneath? ... Any help anyone could provide would be of great use to me ? ? ?

Thanks in advance
Have you got any pictures preferably close up ones ???

As a cheap alternative Screfix No Nonsense UPVC Cleaner is good stuff. In my experience all the No Nonsense range that I've ever tried have been good and this and their degreaser are excellent

As a cheap alternative Screfix No Nonsense UPVC Cleaner is good stuff. In my experience all the No Nonsense range that I've ever tried have been good and this and their degreaser are excellent
Do you not find it leaves a greasy residue ?? I bought a bottle to try but wasn’t impressed with it , what dilution rate do you use ??

Terra wash is good on plastics for removing tiger stripes and if on aluminium commercial buildings the the oxi wash is good stuff but neither is cheap !!!!!!!
Paul, would you use Terra Wash as a standalone product or mix it with bleach / hypo?
I've never quite understood how best to use this stuff and if mixing with bleach what extra benefits does it have?

We don’t use it that often but we always use it on its own , but think it’s ok to use it with hypo mix , when I went on the course they mixed it into the normal hypo mix with their fancy mixing machine , we do one batching , generally treat anything first that we think will leave marks or staining lines , give it a thorough rinse then apply the hypo mix

Attachments

• 0C0FB57F-5B4C-488E-B601-B78CC3BEF46A.png
    0C0FB57F-5B4C-488E-B601-B78CC3BEF46A.png
    224.9 KB · Views: 7
You could always try to apply the UPVC cleaner the same way as you applied the other creams.
I bought that stuff from screwfix before for the same thing and it never worked tbh. I am not sure i want to pay £140 for a chemical that might not work i only need one bottle not four seems excessive, i would pay £50 for one bottle of the terra wash maybe i can find it elsewhere cheaper again i will update when i find something... I have been paid for the job and my guilt meter is ticking.. So I am deffo going back for another crack at it... I just can't let a customer down that way it's not how i roll...

I bought that stuff from screwfix before for the same thing and it never worked tbh. I am not sure i want to pay £140 for a chemical that might not work i only need one bottle not four seems excessive, i would pay £50 for one bottle of the terra wash maybe i can find it elsewhere cheaper again i will update when i find something... I have been paid for the job and my guilt meter is ticking.. So I am deffo going back for another crack at it... I just can't let a customer down that way it's not how i roll...
I agree it’s very expensive unfortunately you cannot get it anywhere else as the firm that sell it are also the ones that make it it’s there American chemist that made the formula . Before using any chemical you need to know what the thing is that you are trying to remove it’s no good guessing as the product you use might not be suitable, this is why it’s important to know what you are trying to remove . Pictures are always useful but not always clear enough to identify everything

Aye, they were selling their degreaser for £5.99 for 5 litres so I bought 25 tubs of it. Hope it doesn't have a use by date. ?

I agree it’s very expensive unfortunately you cannot get it anywhere else as the firm that sell it are also the ones that make it it’s there American chemist that made the formula . Before using any chemical you need to know what the thing is that you are trying to remove it’s no good guessing as the product you use might not be suitable, this is why it’s important to know what you are trying to remove . Pictures are always useful but not always clear enough to identify everything
I respect what your saying, it does fit the description of tiger stripes, i have also heard suggestion that the upvc is already water damaged in such a way as to be completely buggered & in need of replacement but again i am not experienced enough to know, the product you suggest is on my list of to buy when I can as right now i can not... but again your advice is welcome

We don’t use it that often but we always use it on its own , but think it’s ok to use it with hypo mix , when I went on the course they mixed it into the normal hypo mix with their fancy mixing machine , we do one batching , generally treat anything first that we think will leave marks or staining lines , give it a thorough rinse then apply the hypo mix
OK mate, thank you (y)

Back