Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Storing pure water outside

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Been to look at a unit this afternoon. Only catch is the we wouldn’t be able to get a tank indoors so would need to be outside. I could potentially house it in a custom built frame (essentially a mini lean to shed) next to the building. Interested in peoples thoughts on storing the system outdoors

As long as no direct sunlight gets to it I’m sure it will be fine In a shed /
lean to.or you could store it in a bike storage shed or similar and try to insulate it.
Sunlight wouldn’t be a problem. We have a 2k litre black tank. My thought was I would just got for it and insulate the structure as well as possible. I’ve seen people with outdoor storages, I’m just trying to make sure I’ve thought of everything before I commit.

It might be better, security and insulation wise, if you had the R/O inside the main building and just store the IBC outside. If possible, again for security and insulation, you filled the vans inside.
I did think that. The landlord has said he’s happy with us mounting it to the interior wall. It’s just the extra hole needed to get the water outside. One big plus is the ro shouldn’t get frost damage.

My ibc tank has been outside for last 4 years.

I have an ibc black cover that goes over it no problems yet. I just created a tear half way down on the corner to be able to check how much water is in

Had my IBC outside for 10 yrs , downside is minus temps, if it freeze up, i buy my water, but its rarely happened. I also collect rainwater and DI it thru 2 other ibcs , so got 3 in total. Got a 4040 but rainwater gets me thru 8-9 months a year.
Rinse it out of algae 1-2 times a year as its clear. Just a hoseflush , no chemicals.

Latest Posts

Back