Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Strange one about poo...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jimmybob2614

So, im not usually an ill person at all, however, since changing to WFP 4 months ago I've had 3 occasions where I've had extremely bad sickness and diarrhea, nausea, and fever. Usually lasts around 48 hours and I've just come out of it again. 

The only thing I can think it perhaps I'm picking up some poop etc on the hose real, the it gets on my hands and equipment, then eventually as I eat it gets into my system. 

Has anyone else heard of this or had it? 

I've just ordered some gloves to wear and remove after each job and hang in the back of the van 

So, im not usually an ill person at all, however, since changing to WFP 4 months ago I've had 3 occasions where I've had extremely bad sickness and diarrhea, nausea, and fever. Usually lasts around 48 hours and I've just come out of it again. 

The only thing I can think it perhaps I'm picking up some poop etc on the hose real, the it gets on my hands and equipment, then eventually as I eat it gets into my system. 

I've just ordered some gloves to wear and remove after each job and hang in the back of the van 
Unless you have contamination or a reaction to something I can't give you an answer 

Is your personal hygiene on top form. Clean hands. Not stopping for lunch 

Do you use a lot of diesel? Or handle fuels alot?

Maybe your allergic to wfp 

I'm never ill and the only thing I do "differently" is wear a pair of disposable gloves underneath my main pair. This is because I had a really bad case of cracked skin when I first started out from gloves being so wet and dirty, now they don't get wet at all and you have that layer of protection from things like poo etc.

Do you not stop for lunch?

I sanitise my hands when I get in the van if I've worn gloves or not 

Surprising with covid how many people don't use a disposable glove when refuelling ?
No I don't eat during the day, it makes me feel sick and indigestion and reflux is awful 

I wear gloves on every clean. Then when I get to my van to pack away I have a cloth with a bit of ubik2000 on and clean wfp hose and also when hose reel is rolling in I have a cloth on that to and I take my gloves off and apply alcohol gel to my hands on which I keep in the back door, then when I get in drivers seat I apply more alcohol gel which is also a bottle in drivers door pocket.  Stay safe all?

I wear gloves on every clean. Then when I get to my van to pack away I have a cloth with a bit of ubik2000 on and clean wfp hose and also when hose reel is rolling in I have a cloth on that to and I take my gloves off and apply alcohol gel to my hands on which I keep in the back door, then when I get in drivers seat I apply more alcohol gel which is also a bottle in drivers door pocket.  Stay safe all?
That explains why there is an alcohol gel shortage ????

Are you drinking the pure water, as its not that pure n shouldn't be drunk, just in case you don't know.

Have you got lots of windows with bird poop that your washing off n your breathing it in as that is nasty for your body.

A friend of mine said you can get chesty due to aerosol of the spray of wfp, maybe works like legionnaires.

Are you drinking the pure water, as its not that pure n shouldn't be drunk, just in case you don't know.

Have you got lots of windows with bird poop that your washing off n your breathing it in as that is nasty for your body.

A friend of mine said you can get chesty due to aerosol of the spray of wfp, maybe works like legionnaires.
Lol I think that’s a contradiction in terms “ it’s not that pure and shouldn’t be drunk “ it should be fine to drink although I wouldn’t recommend it , unless it’s from rain water harvesting I certainly wouldn’t drink that . Some systems use a uv clarifier to kill off the bacteria . Legionella is only contained in stagnant water or water that's been hot and allowed  to cool it’s very unlikely you would get it in your tank . Breathing damp humid air helps people with respiratory diseases that’s how nebulisers work so mist from wfp shouldn’t hurt you . 

YouTube :

Ronnie Barker. Richard the Third.

I don't know how to post it. If anyone would like to, feel free. ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pure water is ultra pure, I can be bad if you drink it because it's free from minerals and electrolytes which the body needs and will in turn starve the body and draw back to the water 

Nope I don't drink the pure water 

Yes I stop for lunch 

I will sanction off a cloth for the sole purpose of hose reeling duties - that does mean one less for cloth jobs though, but I'll survive. I shall call this cloth the 'hose cloth' 

Between the hose cloth and the gloves I should be fine

Thanks all 

Ott in my opinion. 

I don't wear gloves.

I clean my hands when I'm gonna eat and run my hose through a cloth but that's as far as it goes.

Nobody gets enough exposure to germs etc nowadays due to antibac sprays etc used round the home which is why youngsters are always ill.

Used to help grandad digging on allotment and nan would bring out sandwiches, crisp etc which were eaten with dirty hands and never get ill as I have a healthy immune system as it's had a good workout over the years.

Grandad used to say "you got to eat a bucket of ? before it kills you " lol.

Pure water is ultra pure, I can be bad if you drink it because it's free from minerals and electrolytes which the body needs and will in turn starve the body and draw back to the water 
Some countries only  have desalinated  water of brackish water that goes through ro filtration I do t know if they add minerals etc to it but it’s not pleasant to drink 

I rarely get colds or flu, but had a cold in November and mild flu earlier this month. The only thing I've done differently is get vaccinated and boosted! Perhaps it's that.....

Back