Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Surfactant soft wash render

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I fully agree with what your saying and agree there is a lot of misleading information on the internet.

So the likes of benz products that are approved and pre mixed seem to be the only legal option, correct me if i'm wrong?

What course did you attend if you don't mind me asking, was it a general health and safety course or a course more around soft washing?

Soft washing courses are something we have recently been looking into to gain further knowledge and to make sure we are fully compliant.

Yes Benz stuff is approved , I use purple rhinos stuff , I did the course with them to it was very good covers everything you are likely to need from health and safety , how to apply the mix, etc etc as I said earlier I have been softwashing for 10 + years and I learned a lot , I was very suprised just how little I knew about the safety side of it and Ime very h&s consious . The course is very good you are in the classroom in the morning then out using the kit in the afternoons, there is no hard sell AC Lockier the American guy is a typical yank but very likeable guy and very knowledgeable about the subject , I would thoroughly recomend it especially if you are going to be doing this type of work , there chemicals are very good too take a look on purple rhino softwashing ( I hope this isn’t seen as advertised) website and the chemicals are pretty much self explanatory and all approved and more importantly safe to use with hypo , they work very well at low concentrations once you get your head around it all it’s surprising what surfaces you can clean , I don’t agree with them on driveway cleaning though I still say the pressure washer is king there , but for painted render , decking , k rend, cladding, fences both wooden and plastic it’s easy and quick and gives fantastic results , one of the addertives is also a biocide to slow down regrowth , I don’t think it will be long before this really takes off in this country just like it is in the states 

Back