taking pics of customers houses for facebook?

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by richard123456, Sep 13, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. richard123456

richard123456 Member

Anyone do this? Do you ask the customer before you do it?
    Thinking of building a Facebook page but want customer photos. Maybe before/after pics.

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

Just do it, but edit or miss out the house number, and definitely don't mention streets or names in the post. If its a very distinctive house in your area I would leave it out too.

3. boarcity

boarcity Guest

you should be able to edit the photo praps put a fake number on the door . i use www.ribbet.com to edit my photos ,its free software works well

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

#4 daveyboy, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
    I just use pics of wherever i fancy..same as vids i make wherever i am working
    I just never show enough to identify a particular house

5. richard123456

richard123456 Member

Lookin forward to taking some pictures!

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I need to take more pics..some before and after ones

7. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Just to let you know, if you take a photo of somebodys private property with the intention of using the image for commercial gain then you are by law required to have the property owner sign a 'Property Release' this is the equivalent of Model Release for people (which if you are photographing staff you will also require)

Now before you say 'oh it's just to show on my facebook page, you only want them on your facebook page to show to potential new customers hence 'commercial gain'

That's the legal side of it.

The practical side of it is that people are so reasonably laid back that you have more chance of winning the lottery than you do of a customer suing you breach of copyright law.

On a side note, should you use someone elses photos you are in breach of copyright law without getting the permission of the photographer.

Hope that helps.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  8. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

Yeah I've done it on some cracking houses - just be discreet - it be rate !

9. MrBump

MrBump Guest

And never mention with the photo if the customers are at home or at work during the day, on holiday etc. Infact best you don't mention the customers with the photo at all ;)

10. richard123456

richard123456 Member

Yeah trying to be discreet about it for now.

Advertisement