tank freeze

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by topcats, Dec 12, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. topcats

topcats Guest

hi all, I have been racking my brain as to prevent my water tank from freezing. I live in Wales and although jack frost hasn't visited my area yet I know he inevitably will soon, so what does one do to prevent their equipment from freezing?? I have an ro unit in my van going into a 250 litre tank passing through the di vessel via the pump to a 100 metre hose everything is filled with water. I could put an insulation jacket or two over the tank but that won't stop the ro unit, pump, hose, and di vessel from freezing and I really don't want to stink my van out with paraffin by using a greenhouse heater. Any ideas anyone?

Advertisement
  2. Masons

Masons Guru

Mate of mine insulated his van.
    Sounds stupid but it worked and kept his equipment safe.
    I'm going to use whatever I can to insulate everything, rugs bubble wrap..everything lol

3. sparkleglass

sparkleglass Guest

i put a few blankets over it all ,and then put a oil filled rad on a timer;)

4. vito61

vito61 Well-Known Member

I bought several sheets of "Kingspan" type insulation to encase tank, Ro & di system. I have then been able to get a 4 foot long (other lengths are available) greenhouse heater from ebay approx £28. It's mains electric, 180w tube. Low power consumption and no nasty niffs!!

I have also just got a 150 watt fish tank heater from local pet shop supplies which I aim to drop into tank in van to raise water temp. A friend has done this and says it works well. Keeps hoses supple when running as well.

Advertisement