Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Redundancy looming - thinking about starting a Window Cleaning business

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Start small finish big.

I spent 1k on a Berlingo van 80 on ladders did that for 4 years then bought into a pole system.

150 on a pole

130 on a trolley

And used double Di for making pure.

Now I'm in transit with van mount and 4040 ,rounds bigger fully established nearly 7yrs has been very tuff at time's just manage your money right that's the key.

Good luck

As others have touched on a bit I really wouldn't worry too much about how many other windows there are in your area. If you are good at what you do, are reliable and work hard you will get plenty of customers. There are absolutely loads of windies where I live a few guys who run more than one van and countless one man bands working out of cars. The thing I learnt very quickly though is there's loads of windies round here but very few who are regular and reliable

Hi, i started a couple of months ago, going full time in January I love it all ready

On the canvassing front I used to say are you looking for a window cleaner etc if they said they had one I'd just say ok no worries or something, but now it's paying dividends by saying I'll leave you with a flyer with some of the other services I offer fascia Cleaning, conny cleaning as not all window cleaners are offering these services, 'I'm playing the long game I know it will pay off, knocking the doors is a must I believe people buy into people if you come across good you get the custys imo

Good luck mate

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Yeah that's a really good idea also gives them the option if there cleaner stops coming or does a bad job they have your details already to replace them! Canvassing I go with something like Hi I'm a local window cleaner just cleaning some of your neighbours houses would you like a price to clean yours aswell.. seems to work pretty good so far

Yeah that's a really good idea also gives them the option if there cleaner stops coming or does a bad job they have your details already to replace them! Canvassing I go with something like Hi I'm a local window cleaner just cleaning some of your neighbours houses would you like a price to clean yours aswell.. seems to work pretty good so far
Yeah no set way on what to say just how you come across I'm finding, pricing is the hardest part for me but I'm getting better now as I'm Cleaning more which is helping me price jobs,

some want the same price as the window cleaner who they say ain't reliable lol well that's probably because he's priced himself to low, the other day I canvassed detached house I'm thinking £15 custy also wants conservatory glass done as well ok no probs looking at £25, ha I could possibly be to cheap at that lol still learning, she says last window cleaner did it for £10 sorry I can't do it for that I guess the morale is stick to your price. I now say I'm pricing to be regular reliable Window cleaner for you

As others have touched on a bit I really wouldn't worry too much about how many other windows there are in your area. If you are good at what you do, are reliable and work hard you will get plenty of customers. There are absolutely loads of windies where I live a few guys who run more than one van and countless one man bands working out of cars. The thing I learnt very quickly though is there's loads of windies round here but very few who are regular and reliable
Just been to asda and saw someone who works there who is my friends neighbour

Got chatting and she can't get a window cleaner where she is as she has never seen one and is not the internet type

Arranged to do hers and her colleague who was their who's windie told her 2 monthly or nothing and doesn't always turn up then

It's all about being reliable

very best of luck, just keep plucking away at making your round always better.

Everyone starts from scratch.

Don't be backward in asking customers for leads. Ask them if they now of 10 people in there phone list who you could pitch to then sames with each one. Apply sales formula to increase leads. Simple, just ask customer for leads & then look down to your pen & paper all ready for the first contact..

Yeah no set way on what to say just how you come across I'm finding, pricing is the hardest part for me but I'm getting better now as I'm Cleaning more which is helping me price jobs,
some want the same price as the window cleaner who they say ain't reliable lol well that's probably because he's priced himself to low, the other day I canvassed detached house I'm thinking £15 custy also wants conservatory glass done as well ok no probs looking at £25, ha I could possibly be to cheap at that lol still learning, she says last window cleaner did it for £10 sorry I can't do it for that I guess the morale is stick to your price. I now say I'm pricing to be regular reliable Window cleaner for you

I've had the same issue here in North east Scotland. It's very irritating cuz that customer now thinks they know what there price should be even though it's way to cheap and the last guy probably wasn't licenced and insured too

@Trad\-Man where in Scotland are ya? I'm in Fife

Same issue here, but reputation builds and prices can be bumped up etc. I could personally defo never go in at 10 quid plus for a small semi two bed in my town yet but what we can do is be top end priced against local competition and raise it yearly imo

@jayjay76 I like your thinking. I was just adding all the services on my fb business page last night for exactly the same reason,to eventually provide a one stop shop.

Considering adding to one set of clean tickets an indicator type thing of how full the gutters are or a yearly price for set extra jobs on the ticket ..following it up with actually speaking to them all.

I spent last night removing the other services from my fb page lol

All the extra jobs interfere with my round now and any spare time for gaining new window customers

I spent last night removing the other services from my fb page lolAll the extra jobs interfere with my round now and any spare time for gaining new window customers
Thought you were planning to just do extras and have someone else do the glass? Mind you I don't advertise anything else but just mention it if I think it needs doing after 1st clean

@Trad\-Man where in Scotland are ya? I'm in FifeSame issue here, but reputation builds and prices can be bumped up etc. I could personally defo never go in at 10 quid plus for a small semi two bed in my town yet but what we can do is be top end priced against local competition and raise it yearly imo

@jayjay76 I like your thinking. I was just adding all the services on my fb business page last night for exactly the same reason,to eventually provide a one stop shop.

Considering adding to one set of clean tickets an indicator type thing of how full the gutters are or a yearly price for set extra jobs on the ticket ..following it up with actually speaking to them all.
Im up by inverurie /emoticons/smile.png

@Trad\-Man where in Scotland are ya? I'm in FifeSame issue here, but reputation builds and prices can be bumped up etc. I could personally defo never go in at 10 quid plus for a small semi two bed in my town yet but what we can do is be top end priced against local competition and raise it yearly imo

While they have a current windie, he or she may only do glass, so to offer your other services, which then could lead to recommendations and in turn be building my reputation as my round grows, I think sometimes you've got to think long term a no can still be seen as a positive if you think long term imo

Back