Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Thinking of starting up, looking for advice.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

You guys have probably seen thousands of these posts. Thinking of starting up but didn't want to go into it with no clue what I'm doing, any advice appreciated with regards to getting customers, building a round, insurance, license, equipment... I was thinking of starting with a back pack system as it just seemed the simplest option for a complete novice? 

You guys have probably seen thousands of these posts. Thinking of starting up but didn't want to go into it with no clue what I'm doing, any advice appreciated with regards to getting customers, building a round, insurance, license, equipment... I was thinking of starting with a back pack system as it just seemed the simplest option for a complete novice? 
Use the search bar as it's all been covered countless times. 

The top of this page. Blue bar. Extreme right (magnifying glass). Tap that and ask any questions.
The answers to all questions are to be found in searches on the forum. With the possible exception of the winning numbers for the future lottery draws. ?

You guys have probably seen thousands of these posts.
Yes, lots. As others have said use the search bar. All the info is here many many times over. While the job is fairly easy it's getting customers and building a compact round that is VERY difficult and may take 2 or more years to build up a decent round that will give you a living wage. Don't assume when you read windys are earning £££ that it was easy or quick. Be prepared for lots of marketing and have thick skin.

If you are used to being employed, working for yourself is very different. There is no one to give you work, no one to motivate you (kick you), no one doing your tax return, no sick or holiday pay. You are on your own, every little decision is yours and yours alone! 

I'm not trying to put you off just open your eyes a little. 

Spend a few days and learn the basics then if you have questions they will be more targeted and you will have a much better understanding of things.

Thank you all for the advice.

I've got a couple of different things in place already that cover a fair bit of my expenses so I wouldn't be reliant on window cleaning but I'm attracted to the low barrier of entry and ability to build a regular customer base over the long term.

I'm just gonna get myself some cleaning kit practice on my own windows and family etc then get out there and start knocking on doors.. nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Will check out the search function to answer  my more detailed questions on pricing and all those other essential things 

Back