Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Thinking of up grading to a facelift hot water system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Looks like a good setup, still an issue on the difference it makes against cold water. I believe experience will be our only teacher. Folk who have never used hot water are commenting against folk who have. It all comes down to using the hot water system and seeing for our self.

You only have to wash a greasy pot with cold water vs hot water to instantly see how quicker hot is.
No offence mate but that’s a stupid comment.

I’ve had hot on my van for around 8-9 years.

Although I like it in icy conditions, I completely disagree with comments like ‘game changer’ etc.

As for the analogy about greasy dishes, most of the time it’s not grease we’re up against.

Just my humble opinion 

Well one thing I know is when I'm dealing with filthy fascia using hot water saves my joints having to scrub as hard as it comes of a lot easier.

Well one thing I know is when I'm dealing with filthy fascia using hot water saves my joints having to scrub as hard as it comes of a lot easier.

Exactley in hot hot summer months doing a plastic clean is hard work you have to go over the same area loads of times with hot maximum of two passes and it’s clean we are at least 50% quicker with hot on first cleans , regular salty costal work : plastic cleans , and commercial building wash downs I would never go back to cold regardless of cost 

Agree it is easier with hot doing fasciae etc.

Ive stopped doing things like that, so only use my hot now when the weather is really cold 

No offence mate but that’s a stupid comment.

I’ve had hot on my van for around 8-9 years.

Although I like it in icy conditions, I completely disagree with comments like ‘game changer’ etc.

As for the analogy about greasy dishes, most of the time it’s not grease we’re up against.

Just my humble opinion 

You can't argue the fact that it is faster Steve at melting crud off windows and frames.  

No it hasn't changed the game but it sure has made it a hell of a lot easier.  

If you're buying a new van kitted out tomorrow and one is £150 and comes with hot water which one are you getting?  We both know the honest answer to that mate. 

You can't argue the fact that it is faster Steve at melting crud off windows and frames.  

No it hasn't changed the game but it sure has made it a hell of a lot easier.  

If you're buying a new van kitted out tomorrow and one is £150 and comes with hot water which one are you getting?  We both know the honest answer to that mate. 
I agree it’s a bit faster, however, the point I was making is that I disagree with comments like ‘it’s miles faster’ and ‘game changer’ etc.

Ive had my hot for around 9-10 years, and yes, it’s better for algae covered conny roofs and fascias, but for maintenance cleans I think the difference is not ‘game changing’.

Plus, you make my point for me.

Mine was £75 (10 years ago remember).

So in today’s prices, yes, I would pay £150, but £3600-£4000? No I wouldn’t as I don’t personally think the difference is worth that much 

Mine was £75 (10 years ago remember).

So in today’s prices, yes, I would pay £150, but £3600-£4000? No I wouldn’t as I don’t personally think the difference is worth that much 

I totally agree on the value for money front Gas is the winner every time.  I'm only going diesel as we were lucky enough to be gifted a system and lucky enough to have Neils expert help fitting it.  

I do think it shreads first clean times however and my one key fancy for it is that the hoses are more supple and seem to reel in and out easier when hot.  

But yes the Ginge and I are in agreement, diesel doesn't warrant a £4k ++ investment. 

My update in Hot Water pole cleaning is great in cold weather !! no more freezing hands doing them with squeegee , I put 240v Element in my 600ltr tank, only 300 lts on day in tank & it took 80 mins to heat up to 40c. worked wonders for under £50 lol.Bring on the 

Freezing mornings no more dreds..

Latest Posts

Back