Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Set up speed and efficiency

WCF

Help Support WCF:

what are you putting in it ? i find less is more  we carry very little  in the vans cutting out rubbish rolling around in the back ,  rule of thumb everything must be put back in place after being used once you have a place for it leave it there ! i will get a pic up of one of my carpet cleaning set ups

i made sure we can wind pipes off and not have to get in the van , all the chems we use most can be grabbed buy not going in the van , worst case is we have to stand on the bumper , we always put stuff back , again for speed , a can go to either van right now and put my hand on what i need saves massive amount of time doing this  

Last edited by a moderator:
heres my old window van ,  this is down to the bare bones

3 poles 2x slx22 one daily pole (one extra old slx22 as a full spare) 1x47ex for hight work 

trad bucket with trad gear in it a one wfp brush and thats it 

no tool box rolling around in there if a pole  goes down ill just clip the other one on and carry on , if that then go down ill split the 47 down , why try and fix it far better to clip and carry on 

i fitted a two man system in this even those its just for me guess why ? because it took just 15 more minutes to and ive two of everything , pump dies ok ill just use the other one time lost 30  sec to change on to other reel and unclips d.is and off you go 

also i can use it as a two man when needed 

Last edited by a moderator:
what are you putting in it ? i find less is more  we carry very little  in the vans cutting out rubbish rolling around in the back ,  rule of thumb everything must be put back in place after being used once you have a place for it leave it there ! i will get a pic up of one of my carpet cleaning set ups

i made sure we can wind pipes off and not have to get in the van , all the chems we use most can be grabbed buy not going in the van , worst case is we have to stand on the bumper , we always put stuff back , again for speed , a can go to either van right now and put my hand on what i need saves massive amount of time doing this  

As a fellow truckmount user, how come the vac hose and clean hose are separate? Not being g rude, just intrigued..

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

This is a old photo but only difference is I have a power up reel now, thinking of going back down to one reel and pump as I've decided not to employ, and have one shelf and fit roller guide for the reel

IMG_1572.JPG

As a fellow truckmount user, how come the vac hose and clean hose are separate? Not being g rude, just intrigued..

you must use hide a hose ? well i like them spilt because i like the heat  and find on long runs you can lose loads with air wiping past them  (we clean ship cinemas ect   so can have 900ft of pipe in one go ) 

i run 4to the door as well (running two vac hoses at the same time ) also there easier to manage for us however ive never relay worked with the new style hide a hose last time i used it was with a potable in 1990 it was dreadful stuff how ever i guess its better now after all this time 

you must use hide a hose ? well i like them spilt because i like the heat  and find on long runs you can lose loads with air wiping past them  (we clean ship cinemas ect   so can have 900ft of pipe in one go ) 

i run 4to the door as well (running two vac hoses at the same time ) also there easier to manage for us however ive never relay worked with the new style hide a hose last time i used it was with a potable in 1990 it was dreadful stuff how ever i guess its better now after all this time 

We have our clean hose cabled tied to the outside. It's all made up in 15M lengths so we can run as much or as little as we want. Just reel off what you want, lock the reel, 2 quick high pressure fittings and you're ready to go.

We have our clean hose cabled tied to the outside. It's all made up in 15M lengths so we can run as much or as little as we want. Just reel off what you want, lock the reel, 2 quick high pressure fittings and you're ready to go.

wow thats old school doing it that way , we did this back in our portable days , go sick of the dam cable tie ends catching on things , also running on full heat all the time 260-290 we like to wrap the pipes to stop the ironing of carpets

we tie up the hot pipes with shoe lases on to door handles , stir wells , where ever its not going to touch carpets going up the middle of stir wells we got trained using them buy two top guys in the field years and years ago back in 2000  and they never had them joined togather we just followed there lead i guess 

Back