Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tips for finding rounds for sale

WCF

Help Support WCF:

eddyl3000

Hi all, anyone got tips on places or ways to find rounds for sale?

I'm based in West Midlands Birmingham if anyone has any rounds of part rounds for sale

Thank you

Hi all, anyone got tips on places or ways to find rounds for sale?

I'm based in West Midlands Birmingham if anyone has any rounds of part rounds for sale

Thank you
Get out and network with your local competitors would be the preferred method. Also keeping an eye on this forum's classifieds

My local window cleaning supply shop has adds in the window for rounds for sale. I hear of work for sale quite often mostly from old boys retiring that approach me on my round. Finding something should be relatively easy if you’re already well established? The problem is finding one that suits your specific needs and isn’t underpriced as most good work doesn’t get sold for obvious reasons. More often than not when work is for sale it’s someone wanting to off load there surplus which will be their dross.

Ask everyone you see when out working, if they haven't got anything to offload give them your card and say would you please keep me in mind if you ever change your mind.

I sold my last round using RightBiz. Not cheap but but sold it within 3 months for full asking price.

It just depends if someone's looking for work at the time when your selling, I've never sold work as a means of trying to get quick cash so I've never had a problem with letting people pay me up weekly at a number they can comfortably afford. There's no point going into it with them saying il give you x amount a week when in reality it's not a realistic number for them to work with.

If it's going to be £50 a week then I tell them to cut the bull and just tell me now as it's going to save falling out with each other down the line if you say it's £200 and ends up being £50. Making it a number that's affordable to them is beneficial for the selling person too. I tell them things come up unexpectedly I fully get it, and just tell me the money had to go elsewhere or if it was raining all week I'm not going to expect you to have it. Vans don't need a new tyre every week though so start taking the **** and il know what your doing.

I'm a little confused about your second paragraph Yogi

If someone has bought a run of me and they pay me up you have to make the payment affordable for them, I always ask what can they comfortably afford to pay. Don't tell me £200 a week the now if it's an unrealistic number for them, if £50 is all they can afford then I'd rather know that instead of getting told lies just so they get the run. If you tell them you want £200 a week they will say that's fine. They will tell you anything if they want the run.

If it's bad weather most of the week then I'm not expecting them to not pay bills to pay me either, so I give them lee way if it's bad weather. Also unexpected things come up, expense with there van etc. If that happens then I'd understand they maybe don't have it that week,

The last 3 runs I've got rid off I've let people pay it up. Not always to someone I've knew either. Aslong as you keep the payments to what they can afford then it shouldn't be an issue getting the money.

90% of people are decent and will pay what there due without any hassle. I've always been paid by the people when I've been paid up, obviously I'd prefer the money at the same time but unless your needing the money for something then aslong as you get what you originally asked for it makes no difference how it's paid to me really.

Oh, now I understand. I have always received 2 payments. 25% deposit and then after introduction to customers 75%. I have never had someone pay me monthly. What ever works for you...

When we sell work and it’s not very often it’s payment in full before handover as it would be very difficult to try and get it after if they stop payments later .
It's all in having a watertight legal contract in experience. It's always worked for me.

You still need to have the money before handing over work as it’s difficult and costly to have to sort it out after hand over regardless of legal contract s
You are right. Sometimes you have to walk away from a deal. I had someone interested in buying one of my rounds and I decided not to sell to him. I had a good feeling about my last buyer. He had the cash a proved to be straight as a die. But it's not always that way. That said, I have always had a good relationship with my customers. If I went to them and told them I had been skrewed the would come back to me immeditely. Of course doing that would mean we were both in breach of the contract. But then again, has the contract been validated if full payment has not been handed over. I wouldn't hesitate to go to court. My advice to anyone selling a round is;
  1. Solicitor advised contract - protecting both parties
  2. 25% Deposit before you take it off the market
  3. Work with the guy for at least a month whilst introducing him to customers
  4. When introductions are done, balance to be paid before handing over the final customer list
If you can't get someone to agree the terms just walk away.

i once sold part of my round i put it on Facebook marketplace .Lovely guy wanted it and we met up so i could show him the round.All went great until i asked for my money.he spoke in a low tone " i havnt got any money...."

i replied "what,today? or Generally? ?

turned out he HAd GOT the money but had left it at home

i once sold part of my round i put it on Facebook marketplace .Lovely guy wanted it and we met up so i could show him the round.All went great until i asked for my money.he spoke in a low tone " i havnt got any money...."

i replied "what,today? or Generally? ?

turned out he HAd GOT the money but had left it at home
😄😄

Latest Posts

Back