Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tips on saving water?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

An alternative to the Univalve is Gardiner's Twist valve. I find it easier to use than the univalve as you don't have to let go of the pole to operate it. Just twist off as you finish the window all in one movement.

All the individual parts are available as spares as well should you need it.

I don't understand how I'm now being tagged with 2 litres per window. Someone, that obviously didn't read my post correctly and thinks they can clean 85 3 bed houses using 650l of water, thinks that an average 3 bed semi has 7 windows and no doors so said I use 2 litres per window. As a single window shouldn't take any longer than 30 seconds I would think a litre per window is the maximum you should be looking at.
Sorry, I wasn't trying to say you use 2 Litres per window. With you being an experienced windy, I was trying to gauge how much water on average you thought you might use. 

Thanks for saying that you use more like 1 litre per window.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to say you use 2 Litres per window. With you being an experienced windy, I was trying to gauge how much water on average you thought you might use. 

Thanks for saying that you use more like 1 litre per window.
It's not you that said it mate and before the water Police have another go at me, a litre is the maximum a newbie should be aiming to use per window on a maintenance clean.

I don't do any 3 bed houses with only 7 windows, I also took into account he's a newbie and won't be fully up to speed. So by your calculations I should be doing 85 3 bed houses on a 650l tank? Good luck doing a good job with that
You are now saying a maximum of 1 litre a window. I was averaging 7 windows on a 3 bed semi. So yes based on your own admission 650 litres would do 85 and still have over half a litre for the front doors on each property. So I think your top estimate of 30 litres (15-30 you stated) is excessive now you are saying 1 litre max per window for a newbie. That’s all I was saying.  I appreciate there is no average as such and amount of windows can vary majorly from house to house. 

You are now saying a maximum of 1 litre a window. I was averaging 7 windows on a 3 bed semi. So yes based on your own admission 650 litres would do 85 and still have over half a litre for the front doors on each property. So I think your top estimate of 30 litres (15-30 you stated) is excessive now you are saying 1 litre max per window for a newbie. That’s all I was saying.  I appreciate there is no average as such and amount of windows can vary majorly from house to house. 
But I never said 2, you somehow think that a 3 bed house has 7 windows. Every 3 bed house I know has at least 6 windows upstairs. My guide of 15-30 was based on a litre a window and the 30 litres would include a 3 bed with a conny on, hence why I said depending on size.

If you still claim you can clean 85 3 bed houses with 650l then you need to tell 99.99% of window cleaners how.

I think when people say “3 bed semi” it can be very misleading as they vary in size massively. I live in a new 3 bed semi with 7 windows and a door. Probs about 5-10 mims work. A lot are very small like this around here. Then again a lot of the older ones can have 2 double bays, 12 windows, a door and a porch which is probs more than double if not triple the amount of work but the actual house itself isn’t that much bigger. 

There are 2 bed terraced houses near me that have more than twice the glass as my 3 bed place has. They have full width glass upstairs back and front.

Latest Posts

Back