Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

To sell, or not to sell

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi folks, thinking of selling my round, lve been told a round goes for 3 months takings. Thoughts please!
I have sold a couple of rounds in Newcastle area, as long as you can prove you have a decent customer base, of course prices depend on this.

Hope that helps but without knowing your turnover it is a grey area, more customers=more money

This is how i see round values below:

A round that is less than 3 years old = 3x
A round from 3-7 years old = 4/5x
A round from 7-12 years old = 6-8x
All the above based are if the round is built from scratch only, For example is there is a round that has been sold on twice and is 10 years old would not be worth 5/6x.. it would only be worth 3x.
Some people may disagree or agree with the above but thats my view on round values :)

Hope that helps

I don’t see the relevance of years working a job a lot of mine have been customers well over 20 years but they can still cancel , move and die , obviously someone that has been on the books 2-3 years has proven to be a reliable customer but we find that through the way we quote jobs it’s very rare to get a messer 99% turn into good customers

Last edited:

All the above based are if the round is built from scratch only, For example is there is a round that has been sold on twice and is 10 years old would not be worth 5/6x.. it would only be worth 3x.
Some people may disagree or agree with the above but thats my view on round values :)

Hope that helps
Thats really good advice, i just couldn't put it like you have

Hope that helps
Thats good advice

Hope that helps
Got to disagree with this myself. All the work I’ve sold has went for 5-6x but is less than 5 years old. If the work is good and you can demonstrate that people will pay. Just hold out for someone that values the work. Plenty of guys think they can bully you into selling cheap, trying to bag themselves a bargain.

Got to disagree with this myself. All the work I’ve sold has went for 5-6x but is less than 5 years old. If the work is good and you can demonstrate that people will pay. Just hold out for someone that values the work. Plenty of guys think they can bully you into selling cheap, trying to bag themselves a bargain.
If the above says 3x then theres no reason why it can not be doubled, also like I said a round established for 10 years would be 6-8 years - it could also be worth 10-12x , the guides i give is a minimum what to sell for.

You would never sell work down hear for those prices an absolute maximum of 4x monthly price is what you would get I am in the process of selling off a load of work it’s so easy to canvass and get loads of work ones don’t want to pay for a round , probably different if work is hard to come by . Again something is only worth what someone is willing to pay , a lot of these rounds that supposedly sell for 10 x the monthly rate I question if they ever actually go for those figures , I don’t know of anyone who has paid that . If I could get those sort of figures for my rounds I would sell up instantly and be a millionaire ????

You would never sell work down hear for those prices an absolute maximum of 4x monthly price is what you would get I am in the process of selling off a load of work it’s so easy to canvass and get loads of work ones don’t want to pay for a round , probably different if work is hard to come by . Again something is only worth what someone is willing to pay , a lot of these rounds that supposedly sell for 10 x the monthly rate I question if they ever actually go for those figures , I don’t know of anyone who has paid that . If I could get those sort of figures for my rounds I would sell up instantly and be a millionaire ????
Your laughing emoji is stuck again ?

no matter how many years you have had your customers they are your customers who have taken years to gain trust between both parties.
If you sell or buy a round it is all in good faith that these new customers like the look of you . Because if they dont you can loose some instantly . Most pay online now so never really see there windie so that will be in the new buyers favour.
If they do a good job this will also be a big factor.
Ive sold a few rounds in the last 2 years . @ 5 x Clean
One buyer has lost around 5 customers . He dosent know why. So keeping them all aint guaranteed
Ive also decided to do a bit of canvassing in my main areas out of 20 New Builds i thought id get 2/3 I got None .
HaHa You have to be Quick. Luckilly i have enough for myself. I just thought an xtra £100 0r £200 a week xtra cleaned on a weekend will come in handy Maybe get a part time lad working .

Ill have to be Quicker haha

Back