Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tomorrow's weather

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I think the concensus is get out there. But lets not bash others that choose not to. Everyone has their personal no go limit. Some will have a different threshold than others. Its all personal opinion and I for one know I could of gone out many days in bad weather than I did when I was cleaning.

Of course I can say that now as I sit in a warm and we'll boring office.

Its hard to drag yourself out in this hanging weather some find it easier than others.

I agree its best to get out as much as you possibly can otherwise you will be well behind and out of pocket but as mentioned everyone has their own limits. So let's refrain from giving those that choose not to go out, stick. /emoticons/wink.png

As I've said before I prefer winter to summer. I will be out at 5 on my shops as always on a mon. Not so sure about the 12 houses for the afternoon. Play it by ear

I'd love to get out, my main issue is wind and ladders don't mix, don't fancy coming off the ladder. Would rather lose a day or 2 then 6-8 weeks after an accident

I'd love to get out, my main issue is wind and ladders don't mix, don't fancy coming off the ladder. Would rather lose a day or 2 then 6-8 weeks after an accident
Good point. Just do a quick method statement. Access it. I won't take chances but it's rare I won't get round.

High winds and heavy rain in south Wales, means the Mrs will have me glossing all day /emoticons/sad.png
Glossing all day?? Is that wot u young uns call it now. I will always leave some work if there's some er glossing to be done with someone's mrs;)/emoticons/tongue.png/emoticons/biggrin.png

Well i would be out there doing it, but unfortunately have to go to Hospital for a heart "procedure", they have told me I need to under GA & will be kept in overnight! I went out today to do a couple of jobs that can't wait and hope to back out on the glass by Thursday.

Well i would be out there doing it, but unfortunately have to go to Hospital for a heart "procedure", they have told me I need to under GA & will be kept in overnight! I went out today to do a couple of jobs that can't wait and hope to back out on the glass by Thursday.
I hope it goes well mate.

Good luck with it mate.

If you asked all the people that have ever fallen off a ladder why it happened, you will 99% of the time find out it was thier fault... even if they dont admit it. There is almost always something you can do to prevent an accident. I dont want to be one of those people at home injured because they wish they never went out on that very windy day.

If you asked all the people that have ever fallen off a ladder why it happened, you will 99% of the time find out it was thier fault... even if they dont admit it. There is almost always something you can do to prevent an accident. I dont want to be one of those people at home injured because they wish they never went out on that very windy day.
100% agree, when I came off it was cause of bad ladder angle, when Benny came off it was cause of over reaching, when Jon came off it was cause he thought he could get away with wet shite covered decking.

The ladder is never at fault, it was laying their doing nothing till you piked it up and put it to task. Of course you should NEVER put a ladder up in precarious conditions, if you do and have an accident, well you are the one that put the ladder up. Stay home don't risk it, live to be old.

You can not put a price on life.

Got a Mrs and 2 kids to feed, and haven't been at it long enough to have any savings, but I'm not gonna pack in, it's the first job I've enjoyed since I got out the army
Keep at it Clisty....your round will grow and grow....it always does.

41°c today
3d972ff8fc666c7829cdac2e509e41e1.jpg

Yes think i remember you saying that before or someone on here. It is too warm. The sweat just runs down me....mixed in with sun lotion.

100% agree, when I came off it was cause of bad ladder angle, when Benny came off it was cause of over reaching, when Jon came off it was cause he thought he could get away with wet shite covered decking.
The ladder is never at fault, it was laying their doing nothing till you piked it up and put it to task. Of course you should NEVER put a ladder up in precarious conditions, if you do and have an accident, well you are the one that put the ladder up. Stay home don't risk it, live to be old.

You can not put a price on life.

25 is definitely the max for ladder work.
Exactly. And there should always be something you can do, there is never a need to be sat home on the sofa.

....now with that said, at the moment it is absolutely still, so i'm off to do a couple of big bungallows and see where it takes me.

Back