Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trad cleaning ‘nose to glass’

WCF

Help Support WCF:

We are only talking 10 foot up.
I had a ladder slip and my feet were less than 6ft up, bad day for me snapped my spine in two places and crushed on of my vertebrae by 70% I came extremely close to spending the rest of my life in a wheelchair, 

just over 18 years on and I still relive that day like it was yesterday and the what if still scares me and haunts me. 

I had a ladder slip and my feet were less than 6ft up, bad day for me snapped my spine in two places and crushed on of my vertebrae by 70% I came extremely close to spending the rest of my life in a wheelchair, 

just over 18 years on and I still relive that day like it was yesterday and the what if still scares me and haunts me. 
There you go but certain people won’t believe you , it’s all a myth injuries caused from falls 

There you go but certain people won’t believe you , it’s all a myth injuries caused from falls 
Got the scars to prove it, big scar on my spine and one on my hip area, they chiseled some bone off my hip to use a wedge to jack my vertebrae back up so it would fuse together and pins and screws on my spine, 

The consultant said if I was to sustain a similar injury again I would be in a wheelchair for the rest of my life. 

I came off with my feet the height of top of front door and fractured my cocyx (tailbone) could easily have been higher vertebrae. 

Came off at gutter height and smashed plant pot with my head.. of my leg hadn't caught in a rung on the way down i would be dead now

I know using ladders are no joke, and should the risk should be respected, accident do happen.

I have herd of hordendous injuries just walking down the street and slipping. 

No one however is saying for instance that motorcycles should be banned because we have cars which are safer.

Rope access work has less accients than craddle work I beleive, but no one is saying cradles shouldn't be consider as the more appropriate method given the job, circumstances and operator.

The same goes for working at hieght with ladders.

The OP customer's windows will be dirty again and we will still be going back and forth with this, and she'll grab her trad pole and get the job done again, because that's the most appropiate method available to her. I am sure she is well aware of the risks and will take care.

Back