Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Traditional percentage ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ocahan01

My window cleaning work is about 90% wfp but I do think that some houses are just better suited to trad. Bad access, old windows, perished seals etc sometimes make trad a better option.
I was just interested in how much if any of you guys work is still trad and why ?

0% because I ain't risking injury for certain jobs, they all got dropped.

Not one of your customers that you go up a ladder for will turnaround and give you a wedge of money to pay your bills after you've had an accident on their property and have to be off work.

I had a day last week where my sureflo pump had given up
Ordered another and since I had no georgian windows to do did 2 days with trad pole
Won’t catch me on ladders nowadays but easy to do with experience
Did around a year trad pole for tops before going wfp years ago

A wooden window framed bungalow (and wooden conny- nice big single panes), couple of weekly shops I do for domestic customers, commercial internals, domestic internals and the odd downstairs windows where the double top openers leach.

Those odd windows look an awful mess so trad those without using WFP pole. I'm behind on work so WFP them this week to give thorough clean and just confirmed how awful they dry so complete 2 neighbours and go back to trad the glass.

I enjoy the odd bits as breaks up the brush waggling and I was never a full trad cleaner on ladders (apart from 1 house in very early days) so enjoy blading and trad pole when it's needed.
Probably 98% WFP thought yo answer OP.

0% because I ain't risking injury for certain jobs, they all got dropped.

Not one of your customers that you go up a ladder for will turnaround and give you a wedge of money to pay your bills after you've had an accident on their property and have to be off work.
I don’t do ladder work and I certainly don’t risk my safety to clean windows. I was primarily taking about shops and old wooden frames etc.

I do about 7 or so trad, but only because they are old tudor age cottages with rickety odd little windows. Because they are so old they were built when everyone was about a foot shorter so the ladder isnt high up at all. Lots of these in the villages out this way. Kind of height you could just jump off if need be. If dodgy I wont take one on but dont do many of these. So prob about 1/35th trad. Forgot how to make that into a percentage, any carol vordermans?

Lol, mine was a rough percentage only because I’ve one full day of shops I do trad. Other 4 days are wfp with the odd trad bungalow or wooden framed house.

I think I have about 20% traditional jobs. All bungalows and a couple of ground floor flats. Easy to reach windows and it helps that I enjoy squeegee work every so often anyway. I also generally clean most doors by hand aswell. I don't offer it as standard, it's only if the job is better suited to it for access and/or it's quicker to clean traditionally than with a pole.

My window cleaning work is about 90% wfp but I do think that some houses are just better suited to trad. Bad access, old windows, perished seals etc sometimes make trad a better option.
I was just interested in how much if any of you guys work is still trad and why ?
I agree. I also trad about 10% of my work for the same reasons as you.

Would say about 95% Wfp. As ive skipped my trads and only hunted for costumers suited for Wfp. But you cant avoid it totally sadly..

Probs about 80/20 split favouring wfp. Coming from cleaning in the dark ages before we had the luxury of wfp it really doesn’t bother me doin a few climbs. In fact I quite enjoy stretching the old legs every now and again. Some jobs are better suited to traditional cleaning and Ive also found that it’s quicker in some instances. I just use whatever I feel is gonna do the job to the best of my ability whist maximising profit.

All my work is WFP but had my son out with me over half term, he did the tops with the pole and I tradded the bottoms.
Got to admit I quite enjoyed it, probably having a change.
My sons last comment was ‘ we’ve got to get a two man system Dad!?

Should have been a clearer my good Mau
Probs about 80/20 split favouring wfp. Coming from cleaning in the dark ages before we had the luxury of wfp it really doesn’t bother me doin a few climbs. In fact I quite enjoy stretching the old legs every now and again. Some jobs are better suited to traditional cleaning and Ive also found that it’s quicker in some instances. I just use whatever I feel is gonna do the job to the best of my ability whist maximising profit.
My thoughts exactly .wfp is the best job in 90% of cleans but there are some windows that just don’t clean well with it. I agree with doing the best possible job whatever tool you use.

about 4% trad due to the fact they are all lovely custys who would rather have it done traditionally I don`t mind. Quite nice to have the variety to be honest.

80% trad here/ 20% wfp although I do use it partially on some trad jobs. Need to make it the other way round. I need to get a van mount. Trolley, barrels and double di is a faff.

Latest Posts

Back