Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ladders

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dr Von Samstein

I have my set of doubles on the roof from when I was trad but I'm looking for something smaller to keep in the van. It's going to have to be quite small, under 2m, so I'm thinking a combi ladder I can open as steps or extend and they are £50-80 or a collapsible telescopic ladder, toolstation has this one https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p58283?searchstr=Telescopic ladd on offer at £62.

I want it mainly for climbing over gates or walls so it's a quick grab from the van instead of messing about with ladder clamps on the top. And also something big enough to get on first floor/garage flat roofs. It seems to take a long time to get the big ones off the van and then if I have to drag them over a flat roof to get down the other side they seem cumbersome and heavy.

Anyone got any experience with telescopic ladders? Are they any good? Are they sturdy? What do you use?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive been thinking of getting a werner 4 rung combi ladder(like little giant) for inside of my doblo, ive got a 3 rung combi type ladder, but have to unclip all the hinges to get the thing straight, bit time consuming, to get onto flat roofs or use for bungalow gutters.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

i got some telescopic ladders a few months ago and they are really handy to have for the up and over access on flat roof etc saves alot of hassle tbh!

Back