Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ro help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Simonson82

I'm making the switch to wfp and have an ro machine. It has a chamber for pre sediment filter and one for carbon block which then leads to ro chamber and then di vessel. Is that all that's needed as I'm seeing pictures with people having three chambers before the ro chamber. Thanks

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I'm making the switch to wfp and have an ro machine. It has a chamber for pre sediment filter and one for carbon block which then leads to ro chamber and then di vessel. Is that all that's needed as I'm seeing pictures with people having three chambers before the ro chamber. Thanks

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

All we need for window cleaning is 2 prefilters, sediment and carbon block. If your water is very good (no sediment) then a 5 micron carbon block will act as a sediment filter as well. (See Fiberdyne c/b filters from Gardiners).

R/o's are used for different reasons such as drinking water. In that case they usually add a third prefilter to make the water taste nicer. Its pointless for window cleaning as we polish the water with resin which is not the best for drinking.

Some r/o suppliers use that third housing as a resin filter, but it is too small for polishing off the amount of water we use window cleaning.

Last edited by a moderator:
You say RO Chamber if you only have one ro membrane you need to know the size of it as it may not be suitable for your needs depending on how much pure water you need within a day, Typically cheap ro's of ebay with one ro membrane are cheap and low performing.

In order to get the answers you maybe looking for you will need to provide more information such as the type and size of your RO along with your tap water tds as the RO you have may not be suitable for your needs.

Back