Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trying to get 360 ppm down to 0/1 with new ro setup...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

To be fair I actually agree with you all, people who chase money will never be rich. I wasn't spoiling for a fight with anyone on this, just presenting a different point if view. I would argue that I'm not chasing money, just tryna build a sustainable business. I only take out what I need and I don't count the monthly takings except to keep an eye on the VAT threshold, instead I look at the total customer base. If all goes to plan next year I'll have a second van and two full timers to go with the two part timers I currently have, at that point I don't have to do all this anymore as other people will be doing it with me. Also, what else is there to do this year ?‍♂️
Don't think anyone thought you was spoiling for a fight mate, just giving your opinion, your working hard to provide for you and those at home I guess, nowt wrong with that ?

Do you pay for water on a meter?

if so the waste you produce through the hf5 firstly will likely outweigh resin cost or at least severely reduce effectiveness.

Resin is one cost. Water and the power used to run boosters is also significant too. Plus membrane wear and tear and pre filters. Not to mention the upfront cost versus down the line ROI.

I know 0ppm is ideal but I’ve seen another window clean with 30ppm and couldn’t see any spotting so why we all insist on having sun 5 or 10 ppm could reasonably be questioned based off of that.

There is so many variables to running cost you’ll need to just run the number based on costs, efficiencies and such.

Then you start to question is all that work worth a saving on 50p or £1 a day. I say that because a I’ve been doing this thinking myself setting up a new system. 
If there was a spotless or decent priced pure seller near me I would more than likely go for that once my current membrane is finished. Taking all into account, just seems better for me.

To be fair I actually agree with you all, people who chase money will never be rich. I wasn't spoiling for a fight with anyone on this, just presenting a different point if view. I would argue that I'm not chasing money, just tryna build a sustainable business. I only take out what I need and I don't count the monthly takings except to keep an eye on the VAT threshold, instead I look at the total customer base. If all goes to plan next year I'll have a second van and two full timers to go with the two part timers I currently have, at that point I don't have to do all this anymore as other people will be doing it with me. Also, what else is there to do this year ?‍♂️
I didn't think you would be mate and hope I didn't come across too rude, what you've done in 3 years in pretty amazing to go from nowt to employing and soon to be putting a second van on the road,

I just don't have the drive or desire to want too as it ain't me, but we are all different and it's finding what works for each individual  won't work for someone else and your right nowt else to do but work I've even started working 5 days a week as normal. 

I didn't think you would be mate and hope I didn't come across too rude, what you've done in 3 years in pretty amazing to go from nowt to employing and soon to be putting a second van on the road,

I just don't have the drive or desire to want too as it ain't me, but we are all different and it's finding what works for each individual  won't work for someone else and your right nowt else to do but work I've even started working 5 days a week as normal. 
Not at all mate. I'm just very conscious of how things come across in text. I know of a few that have come on here spoiling for a fight and disagreeing with everyone. I felt like a disagreeable little sh!t haha.

Don't think anyone thought you was spoiling for a fight mate, just giving your opinion, your working hard to provide for you and those at home I guess, nowt wrong with that ?
To be honest I used to say I wouldn't leave anything for the kids, they need to make their own way in life or they won't appreciate anything. Then my youngest came along. He's 3 and a half but doesn't speak, they say he's at the development stage of a 12-18 month old, long story short he's gonna be diagnosed with autism and probably need additional support for a long time. This has made me more determined to build a business that runs without me in it, that way if anything happens to me they will all be provided for. Prior to that I wouldn't have been so mad about working so much, I was always aiming for retirement at 55, house paid for etc etc.

To be honest I used to say I wouldn't leave anything for the kids, they need to make their own way in life or they won't appreciate anything. Then my youngest came along. He's 3 and a half but doesn't speak, they say he's at the development stage of a 12-18 month old, long story short he's gonna be diagnosed with autism and probably need additional support for a long time. This has made me more determined to build a business that runs without me in it, that way if anything happens to me they will all be provided for. Prior to that I wouldn't have been so mad about working so much, I was always aiming for retirement at 55, house paid for etc etc.
Sorry (if sorry is the right word) to hear about you son I can totally understand your drive more, a mate of mine has twins who have downs the lads are both 22 years old now they do well but they couldn't manage on their own they will never want for anything because of their parents. 

Not at all mate. I'm just very conscious of how things come across in text. I know of a few that have come on here spoiling for a fight and disagreeing with everyone. I felt like a disagreeable little sh!t haha.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, my son was diagnosed with learning difficulties at the age of 5. He hasn't found things easy that's for sure, but now i can honestly say he is the nicest young man I've ever met, he's kind, considerate and an amazing person towards everyone, he's 24 now.. ?

Autism is a funny thing, it affects everyone differently, If you can get a diagnosis that young it will be a great benefit because you will be able to get support, though you may have to push for it. Just remember that development is a marathon not a sprint.

Sorry (if sorry is the right word) to hear about you son I can totally understand your drive more, a mate of mine has twins who have downs the lads are both 22 years old now they do well but they couldn't manage on their own they will never want for anything because of their parents. 
Thanks mate. I think it's just a play the hand you're dealt thing. Had my daughter at a young age, her mums friend was pregnant at the same time. Her boy has cerebral palsy, will never walk or talk, life limiting etc... Always someone worse off than yourself! 

Sorry to hear about your troubles, my son was diagnosed with learning difficulties at the age of 5. He hasn't found things easy that's for sure, but now i can honestly say he is the nicest young man I've ever met, he's kind, considerate and an amazing person towards everyone, he's 24 now.. ?
I hope one day I'll be able to say that about Theo. Currently his inability to communicate makes him an angry little nightmare, he's pretty violent ?. Since lockdown ended and he's been able to go back to playgroup he's started to make some progress so fingers crossed.

Autism is a funny thing, it affects everyone differently, If you can get a diagnosis that young it will be a great benefit because you will be able to get support, though you may have to push for it. Just remember that development is a marathon not a sprint.
In one way I feel quite lucky that he has such obvious issues, we have a 12 year old who lots of teachers have said has high functioning Aspergers. Because he's top of his class at school and just struggles socially no one is willing to help, you can't even get him in front of a paediatrician. For little man they are throwing everything at him because they can't have a non verbal disruptive child who requires constant supervision in a mainstream school.

Thanks mate. I think it's just a play the hand you're dealt thing. Had my daughter at a young age, her mums friend was pregnant at the same time. Her boy has cerebral palsy, will never walk or talk, life limiting etc... Always someone worse off than yourself! 

In one way I feel quite lucky that he has such obvious issues, we have a 12 year old who lots of teachers have said has high functioning Aspergers. Because he's top of his class at school and just struggles socially no one is willing to help, you can't even get him in front of a paediatrician. For little man they are throwing everything at him because they can't have a non verbal disruptive child who requires constant supervision in a mainstream school.
I have regret in saying sorry as I know it was the wrong word to use, you clearly have a very bright 12 year old who can easily achieve far more than most and no doubt will do and absolutely nothing to say that your youngest won't either, GCHQ ain't that far from you they could both end up working there and both do very well for themselves.

if your eldest ain't a social butterfly it maybe ain't so bad as he might avoid all the ? that goes with been a teenager I am sure he will find his own way, one of my mates lads hasn't ever spoken a single a word to me in over 14 years he only speaks to who he wants yet the other one will happily stand and chat. 

I have regret in saying sorry as I know it was the wrong word to use, you clearly have a very bright 12 year old who can easily achieve far more than most and no doubt will do and absolutely nothing to say that your youngest won't either, GCHQ ain't that far from you they could both end up working there and both do very well for themselves.

if your eldest ain't a social butterfly it maybe ain't so bad as he might avoid all the ? that goes with been a teenager I am sure he will find his own way, one of my mates lads hasn't ever spoken a single a word to me in over 14 years he only speaks to who he wants yet the other one will happily stand and chat. 
Thanks man. Worst case scenario they can both become window cleaners ??

Back