Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Two men one pump

WCF

Help Support WCF:

matt1458

Don’t worry this isn’t as seedy as it sounds..

I’m finding we’re getting quite a few jobs that would really benefit from a 2 man setup, but also not quite busy enough yet to justify putting a second van out (that could tag team the big jobs with me), so I’m wondering what the best options are for a 2 person setup (ideally that could then be chucked into a second van when the time comes)

The current van as the usual setup of spring controller, shurflo pump. I’m wondering if just splitting the feed to the hose reel to add another 100m reel will work, or if it needs splitting before the pump (650L tank) and a second pump / controller would be needed for the second reel.

I’m guessing the flow would need to be adjustable per hose reel? (And it’ll need to be able to be shut off entirely when it’s a one-man day).

Anyone done anything that works reliable I could call on for advice? 

Simple answer is yes it will work but the lower pole will always get more water I tried it years ago , it’s not an option as far as I was concerned, one pump per pole is the  way ahead ,to be fair an extra pump and controller doesn’t  cost that much . 

Simple answer is yes it will work but the lower pole will always get more water I tried it years ago , it’s not an option as far as I was concerned, one pump per pole is the  way ahead ,to be fair an extra pump and controller doesn’t  cost that much . 
Makes sense. So in theory tank outlet pipe is split to feed 2 separate pumps and controllers? That’s doable as when we come to run a second van then we’ll just transfer that kit to it. Only thing I don’t really want to be doing is having to add a second water outlet to the current tank

Makes sense. So in theory tank outlet pipe is split to feed 2 separate pumps and controllers? That’s doable as when we come to run a second van then we’ll just transfer that kit to it. Only thing I don’t really want to be doing is having to add a second water outlet to the current tank
Yes that’s the best way to do it , what size tank outlet do you have ??

Yes that’s the best way to do it , what size tank outlet do you have ??
It’s a Wydale 650 so 1” BSP I believe, have a bit of room to split the hose  before it reaches the current pump (mounted on the tank frame but should be room for a second one above)

Don’t worry this isn’t as seedy as it sounds..

I’m finding we’re getting quite a few jobs that would really benefit from a 2 man setup, but also not quite busy enough yet to justify putting a second van out (that could tag team the big jobs with me), so I’m wondering what the best options are for a 2 person setup (ideally that could then be chucked into a second van when the time comes)

The current van as the usual setup of spring controller, shurflo pump. I’m wondering if just splitting the feed to the hose reel to add another 100m reel will work, or if it needs splitting before the pump (650L tank) and a second pump / controller would be needed for the second reel.

I’m guessing the flow would need to be adjustable per hose reel? (And it’ll need to be able to be shut off entirely when it’s a one-man day).

Anyone done anything that works reliable I could call on for advice? 
Good luck with that, obviously don't understand how flow, gravity and pressure works. Hope you have plenty of spare pumps and fat wallets 

I fitted a tee to my tank outlet and then took a feed from both ends 
I did almost the same thing except I came from the tank with a 1/2 inch hose about four feet long and fitted the tee piece on the other side of the tank for easier access by the left side door. This is because the outlet of my tank is almost against the bulkhead by the right side door so impossible to access without moving the tank (I fitted the hose before securing the tank). I fitted a nylon non-return valve just above the floor level, a little below the Tee-piece. All very easy to access.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back