Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Brush advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Either pass or make sure your insurance covers glass you are working on.

Old glass can and will be very fragile. I personally wouldn't take the risk. You have to be earning mega bucks out of it just to cover an accident. Your insurance policy will have an excess. So charging £250 for something your insurance company would want a £350 excess doesn't make sense to me.

My opinion though.

On old glass I would go for a flocked brush, low water flow and keep the pressure off the glass by taking the weight of the pole and brush in your arms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Either pass or make sure your insurance covers glass you are working on.

Old glass can and will be very fragile. I personally wouldn't take the risk. You have to be earning mega bucks out of it just to cover an accident. Your insurance policy will have an excess. So charging £250 for something your insurance company would want a £350 excess doesn't make sense to me.

My opinion though.
On old glass I would go for a flocked brush, low water flow and keep the pressure off the glass by taking the weight of the pole and brush in your arms.
Thanks for that, never thought about checking to see if my insurance would cover any damage.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Don't turn the water on while the brush is facing the glass

The sudden blast of pressurised water can crack old single pane glass very easily

Back