Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Using my Window Cleaning Water Tank for Pressure Washing?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Buffer tank is important, makes jobs easier if you can continuously work. You can get pop up water holding tanks. If your short of space maybe something like that will be useful to you. If you get a 21litre machine your looking at around 80kg in weight, you would be better of with a trailer or van. It's too heavy to lift into your Ute. I go the gym have done for years but I wouldn't want to be lifting a pressure washer that far of the ground.

No I don't want to be lifting it off the ground either. The problem for me is the added expense of a trailer and storing it. I would have to pay for storage somewhere when the pressure washer is not in use. So the added expenses are £1500 for a trailer, £1500 for pressure washer + £50 per month storage fees. And no guarantee of work either! 

If you were in my position would you bother?

ps I do appreciate all  your help.

Another easy solution.

If you have a 21LPM machine or above (mine is 41LPM) you should be thinking of a twin water supply to feed the pump (machine). You'll get away with it on 21LPM but not above but you should have a 3/4 supply hose from the tank to the machine @ 21LPM.

If you have a 15mm supply to the machine it may be trying to pull water that will physically not be drawn fast enough from the tank because of the diameter of the supply hose.

This can cause cavitation. Check it out on Google.

On all of my commercial works a hydrant riser is standard, massive to tank supply that will easily keep up with the biggest machines and still overfill the tank.

The last year I've been looking at my set up and have begun downsizing, keeping the same machine but using 15mm hose because once the van tank has begun to fill I only need enough water to keep up with the machine.

From hydrant to van tank  I only need a buffer of, let's say 200 litres, as long as there is 41LPM going in then no problems.

Gone from a 1400 litre tank to a 350 litre tank, reducing wasted space in the van and selling a 200 metres 3/4 inch hose and reel and replacing it with a hose reel to take 15mm supply hose. 

If you are using a 15 - 21LPM hose the tank you have, as a buffer tank will be plenty because most domestic supplies are around 20LPM but don't get caught out with slower ones, you should always check supply flow when you go and look at works.

I've just given away a 15LPM diesel pressure washer that wanted nominal repair.

Hi

Yes, thats what we do when we get very busy. When you buy more water just ask the supplier to spray a bit of pure water all over the tank walls and leave the valve open so the mixed water leaks out. Then fill up the rank and you will have no issue

Hi

Yes, thats what we do when we get very busy. When you buy more water just ask the supplier to spray a bit of pure water all over the tank walls and leave the valve open so the mixed water leaks out. Then fill up the rank and you will have no issue

Hi, are you referring to using my water tank as a buffer tank?

could this be used as a buffer tank?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flexible-Koi-Bowl-Quarantine-Tank-Pop-Up-Koi-Bowl-3-Sizes/381985697548

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back