Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

V16 Controller

WCF

Help Support WCF:

theo

Hi all,
Just checking here😂
Got a new controller and have noticed, when working near the van that it keeps cutting out and restarting.
I have not noticed this before, my old controller just ran all the time.
Run them at 45.
Probably a stupid question but it’s been such hot weather!
Thanks

Have you checked calibration? I had a patch like that last year, and I thought it was plane signals jamming it (I work near a RAF base and it always seemed to cut out when the Eurofighters flew over). After a lot of experimentation and phone calls, I discovered that if the calibration is set too high it with shut off instead of going to dead end. Might not be that, but thought I'd share in case it helped.

I assume you realise that when you have your flow shut off (univalve, tap etc) the V16 will pulse on every couple of seconds to test if you have opened your univalve/tap?
It might be that that you are hearing - if so it's perfectly normal and doesn't use much power at all testing when to start pumping again.

Hi all,
Just checking here😂
Got a new controller and have noticed, when working near the van that it keeps cutting out and restarting.
I have not noticed this before, my old controller just ran all the time.
Run them at 45.
Probably a stupid question but it’s been such hot weather!
Thanks
Wow where did that week go..

Theo I tend to agree with Ched if you can here the pump pulse every couple of seconds while the controller is displaying DE then that is normal. When the pump is in dead end the controller tests every couple of seconds so it knows when the pole valve is open again.

If on the other hand the pump is running against the valve for longer than you expect before the control DE,s the pump then it might just be that calibration is to high, in which case run auto cal at your normal flow rate. Please see

Its is common at this time of year as temperatures increase that the hose will be a little softer and more flexible. In turn this means that the pump does need to work as hard and draws less current o maintain the flow of 45. As the pump is drawing less current you will find that Calibration can be lower compared to colder months. It is usual to find that Calibration is lower as temps warm and Higher when its older.

The change in temperature in summer makes the hose soft and harder in winter and Calibration may need to change to match

Cheers

Thanks Ian, what a fantastic response and very helpful to all readers.
My pump was cutting in and out during normal working but now has been working ok after I adjusted the flo rate down a little.
Regards
Theo

Back