Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

van booked in for my new hot system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

tench0771

booked van in yesterday for my streamline thermo 2 heater to be fitted 25th march all payed for cant wait ! no more gas heaters for me ill do a review on it after a weeks use as ive used gas heater for years im intrested in how different they perform cost just under £6000 all in im hoping its money well spent lol it be strange not having temp setting as its only got summer and winter setting im anxious about the too setting how hot both settings will be but im shore it be fine !!?

Just make sure the battery bank is powerful enough and that the fuel pipe gets fitted to your main diesel tank so your not filling 2 tanks up.also a decent split charge relay or b to b charger is essential so your batteries are charging up as your driving. Charge batteries up every single night too.

thanks for the advice I’ll speak to them when I drop the van off do you have 3 batteries in your set up ? 2 for heater 1 for your pump?

Last edited:
Tell me about it ? I’m used to £200 gas heater but they are just garbage the last 3 I’ve had have all failed in months one nearly caught fire ? I meed hot water as lots of bee pollen and bird ? in my area ?‍♂️

Spoke to Clive and told him I’ll be running power up reel in few months he said I’ll definitely need another battery so there going to fit 2 now ?

So they should even without an electric reel!they need to get the basics right!these heaters are heavy on the batteries.some other window cleaners have had problems with some of these fitters not supplying the correct battery bank when installing hot systems resulting in the heater cutting out during the day due to low power...

Make sure the charging system is the right type for your van and robust too or your going to have endless problems....

I paid 4.5k for mine over 6 years ago and I love it.id never go back to cold water or a gas heater now.diesel is so much better!

I’ve spoke to a friend who has the old 5kw streamline one his runs on one battery any issues I’ll be kicking off ?

All fitted and got van back today streamline gave me a curtsey van to keep me working witch was nice I’ve had a quick go on the warm setting and it not to hot witch I was worried about it be interesting to see how the hot setting goes tomorrow I’ll up date on how it goes so far I’m really impressed with the setup they say switch van engine on then fire up boiler drive to first job and 5 or 10 minutes it’s ready to go at apparently when you turn off at univalve it goes in to hibernate mode see when you turn back on it don’t cane the batterys

Looks neat and tidy.glad you got 2 batteries as there is no way one is enough if your using the heater day in/day out.hope you have a split charge relay(or btob charger)wired to the main van battery too.

Don't forget to charge your batteries up EVERY NIGHT if your using the heater ever day.

Always fire up the heater AFTER starting the van in the morning and don't let the heater shut down throughout the day(plug it back into the return valves or turn on your pole tap within 3 mins).at lunchtime keep the van running with hot water going back into your tank.

Enjoy!👍😄

Looks neat and tidy.glad you got 2 batteries as there is no way one is enough if your using the heater day in/day out.hope you have a split charge relay(or btob charger)wired to the main van battery too.

Don't forget to charge your batteries up EVERY NIGHT if your using the heater ever day.

Always fire up the heater AFTER starting the van in the morning and don't let the heater shut down throughout the day(plug it back into the return valves or turn on your pole tap within 3 mins).at lunchtime keep the van running with hot water going back into your tank.

Enjoy!👍😄
Firing up the boiler before the engine is runnings is fine

Latest Posts

Back