Van Condensation

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by AGlassAct, Jan 2, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. AGlassAct

AGlassAct Active Member

Hi Guys - Happy new year to one and all! :party:
    My first post so please be gentle - I'm one of them weirdo's that lurks in the background for a year or so then peeps out hoping no one will notice the 'new' guy! :ninja:
    I've planned a few weeks off to get my van sorted and pimped, I have been running it on bones since I switched to a van mount system a few months back. I'm only a part timer so have the luxury at the moment before I go balls deep at the end of the month.
    Question is - what's the best way to get rid of the condensation? I was thinking of stripping the ply lining and painting the bottom half with Protecta-Kote UVR (the ply is in good condition just a bit of white furr!). It's got a full metal bulkhead which is lucky as the mushroom smell doesn't come through to the cabin. I've done the usual in making sure nothing is left in the van that is wet and I definitely have no leaks.
    Has anyone fitted a roof vent with any success?
    Would you insulate, ply line everything and paint/seal?
    I have seen a thread where someone had mentioned they had speed-lined the back - which looked very smart - but I am a DIY'er through and through and like to play with my own toys! I am not a sharer :bangheadwall:
    Any suggestions are very much appreciated.

:addict:

Advertisement
  2. Solarpanelcleanington

Solarpanelcleanington Forum Addict

I was wondering about roof vent also. Easy to fit I guess.
    I leave doors and windows open loads. Seems to help.

3. AGlassAct

AGlassAct Active Member

I was looking at the Flettner roof vents on eBay - a few have installation videos in the AD and they are literally a 75mm hole and two 6mm mounting holes. My back doors are open most evenings (excuse the pun! :D) and it doesn't make much difference - I assume the weather doesn't help things much.

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I saw a vid with wagga where they get Tristan's new van and fibreglass over all the ply lining and then paint that
    The fibreglass would be smooth..durable and waterproof

5. boarcity

boarcity Guest

you wont get condensation if you peel down the rubber door seals

6. AGlassAct

AGlassAct Active Member

daveyboy - nice idea in theory but I worked with fibreglass before and vowed never to do so again, blummin stinks and is nasty stuff if the matting lifts or splinters - I thought the UVR paint would do the same without the 'dangers' involved. I would be interested to see how the Tristan van is holding out, anyone in touch with the aforementioned Wagga and son?
    boarcity - I will try this, if it works I could remove the majority of it from around the rear doors - keeping a couple of areas to stop the doors chattering and such like.

7. Solarpanelcleanington

Solarpanelcleanington Forum Addict

When I was a pikey, I had cups full of salt around my trailers. Really does work, sucks all the moisture out of the air.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. boarcity

boarcity Guest

tell u how i know it works yrs ago was a mechanic and it was a known dodge if a car had a sunroof leak and got condensation bad inside remove door seals

9. noddy

noddy Well-Known Member

roof vent helps but doesn't stop it , the only way to stop it insulate the roof then ply over the top , then fible glasss the roof and full van or if you don't like that stuff get it speedlined , I wouldn't use procrapacaote paint if it was given to me free its utter poop

10. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Just look on ebay. Moisture traps.

Advertisement