Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van insurance

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Anybody who still climbs ladders to clean upper windows needs a check up from the neck up IMO esp if your over 40...🤣👍
you just couldnt hack it ,your years as a junkie made sure you lost your natural balance . im 35 but my dad is still on ladders at 65 . Same as noddy holders dad he was on ladders into his 70s

you just couldnt hack it ,your years as a junkie made sure you lost your natural balance . im 35 but my dad is still on ladders at 65 . Same as noddy holders dad he was on ladders into his 70s
I have a chequered past as well but at 49 can still use ladders all day
I just choose not to anymore as not worth the risk and also I earn more now
Your dad may still do it at 65 but one slip and he probably wouldn’t see 66
Over 25 years on ladders I think I’ve done my apprenticeship

But why when a much easier and safer way is available?
i guess its a bit like saying why go walking in the hills when you can drive over the road and get there twice as fast much safer but you wont enjoy it as much. i still enjoy ladderwork and dont work at it like a dog and i wont go fell running

i guess its a bit like saying why go walking in the hills when you can drive over the road and get there twice as fast much safer but you wont enjoy it as much. i still enjoy ladderwork and dont work at it like a dog and i wont go fell running
Walking, driving and fell running has got nowt to do with window cleaning all are safer than going up a ladder though!!

In my experience, the reason trad lads don't switch to wfp, is cold hard cash, spending £1,000's instead of £100's is a lot to swallow and they can't do it or aren't financially able to do it.

I've never been a junkie....in fact my neighbour died a few weeks ago at 47,same age as my other neighbour who also died of a heroin overdose a few years ago...

I was on ladders for 17 years until I was 38 and the last 14 WFP....

I'm 6ft 2in bodybuilder and I have got rid of any jobs that requires ladders....

I know a few guys who have fell off ladders recently and their not in a good way,guys that have been using them day in,day out for many years...

One guy was 3 weeks from retirement on the other forum and planning on emigrating to Canada...

Broken shoulder in 2 places
2 bleeds on the brain
Broken ribs

Others window cleaners I know have damaged vertebrae in their backs and are in constant pain,smashed pelvis,fractured skulls,broken heels and pins in their ankles

Mind how you go....

I've never been a junkie...
Please assume that people of our generation who took drugs and partied were junkies or that they have a right to slate us because of lifestyle choices we made as young adults, boils my pish.

We came out the other side and have left the past behind like that distant memory, a lot people couldn't do what we have done and turn their lives around and be successful business owner's

Please assume that people of our generation who took drugs and partied were junkies or that they have a right to slate us because of lifestyle choices we made as young adults, boils my pish.

We came out the other side and have left the past behind like that distant memory, a lot people couldn't do what we have done and turn their lives around and be successful business owner's
I was called an alcoholic on here recently for drinking sessions at the weekend! 🙄

Pub beano this Saturday so whoever called me that, I shall be guzzling without a care in the world and won’t be getting addicted 👍🍺🍺🍺

I was called an alcoholic on here recently for drinking sessions at the weekend! 🙄

Pub beano this Saturday so whoever called me that, I shall be guzzling without a care in the world and won’t be getting addicted 👍🍺🍺🍺
I'm sure we've both been called worse in the past by others, some people should take more interest in their own lives instead of others.

"Pub Beano" does this mean you all get dressed up as characters from the Beano comic and go on the lash 🤔

Back