Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van lining help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Thanks mate. It's a Doblo, same as the Vauxhall Combo though.
With your history of flooding the van, I would fill the holes in the bulkhead along the bottom, otherwise the water can travel through those and end up in the cab under the seats and there is in my van a split in the cab lining and the sound proofing stuff  got wet a while back and stunk so I had to rip some of it out, 

I used this https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/u-pol-tigerseal-black-pu-adhesive-sealant-310ml-UPL.TIG_NB to seal around the edges of the sliding door and along the bottom edge of the bulkhead otherwise water spillages will be able to get under the bulkhead.

Looks much better with the trim back on. The epoxy had a few runs but the Bedliner seems to have dried spot on. Next weekend I'll be fitting some pole holders and perhaps something to hold a step ladder. Grippa are all booked for 4th Feb.

View attachment 23046
I think you've done a good job and with the prep you have done I don't see why it shouldn't do the job.

I'm one of the ones who has watched your progress from early days and I take my hat of to you in the way you have grown your business. Much respect.?

Sadly I can count on 2 hands the number of new starters over the past few years who have made a success of window cleaning. You can tell by the quality and content of their posts. So many just appear on here and then disappear.

With your history of flooding the van, I would fill the holes in the bulkhead along the bottom, otherwise the water can travel through those and end up in the cab under the seats and there is in my van a split in the cab lining and the sound proofing stuff  got wet a while back and stunk so I had to rip some of it out, 

I used this https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/u-pol-tigerseal-black-pu-adhesive-sealant-310ml-UPL.TIG_NB to seal around the edges of the sliding door and along the bottom edge of the bulkhead otherwise water spillages will be able to get under the bulkhead.
I've got some black sanitary silicone I plan to put along that edge as well we around the trim. I took all the plastic grommets out before I sprayed and some of them didn't make. I've ordered replacements so as soon as they arrive I'll reattach the trim correctly and seal it all up. There are too many holes in this van though so I'm just gonna have to be more careful. It's gonna have a fill point on the under port though so should be alright. I've also gone for some floor guides so we can work with the van locked this time.

I think you've done a good job and with the prep you have done I don't see why it shouldn't do the job.

I'm one of the ones who has watched your progress from early days and I take my hat of to you in the way you have grown your business. Much respect.?

Sadly I can count on 2 hands the number of new starters over the past few years who have made a success of window cleaning. You can tell by the quality and content of their posts. So many just appear on here and then disappear.
You're making me blush now @spruce. I couldn't have done it without the help of all of you guys on here.

I think the thing to remember is that some people come on and lurk, get what they need and never contribute. Others come and ask some questions and then leave. They either don't make it work or take what they need and leave.

I've always tried to give back as I've learned. I hope people find contributions like this post in the future and make use of the advice. If every one of the new starters made big successful businesses there would be less work for the rest of us. Next to my name it might say 'Grand Master' but IMO my title should be 'newly qualified'. Some of the old guard on here have a wealth of experience, don't underestimate the amount of good you do. Somewhere someones family is sat around a table eating tonight because of the advice given on this forum!

I'm just gonna have to be more careful. It's gonna have a fill point on the under port though so should be alright. I've also gone for some floor guides so we can work with the van locked this time.
Might be worth having an overflow out of top of tank? That way you don't need to be quite as careful ? 

Might be worth having an overflow out of top of tank? That way you don't need to be quite as careful ? 
Nah I don’t have an RO onboard, I just have moron moments where I flood the van ??? most of which were a long time ago I might add, @Iron Giant just likes to remind me haha. Thankfully this one will be mainly used by the lads working for me. So long as I can fill it without making a mess It should be alright ?? 

Nah I don’t have an RO onboard, I just have moron moments where I flood the van ??? most of which were a long time ago I might add, @Iron Giant just likes to remind me haha. Thankfully this one will be mainly used by the lads working for me. So long as I can fill it without making a mess It should be alright ?? 
I bet, I've flooded my van more than you, at least since we moved I don't have to do a 30m sprint from the van to sub pump and lift it out the tank before water is pouring out the side door ?

I bet, I've flooded my van more than you, at least since we moved I don't have to do a 30m sprint from the van to sub pump and lift it out the tank before water is pouring out the side door ?
I've stuck a 20m extension on my delivery hose so I can fill on the kerb instead of the driveway. It kinks all over the place and takes an age to fill now so I find myself pottering around doing other things, won't be long before I forget I'm filling the van and it's everywhere again. It was alright before because it was full in 5/6 mins so I knew not to take my eye off it ?

Have done that before lol had one of the petrol pump style noozle for the last three years best thing ever ?

I've stuck a 20m extension on my delivery hose so I can fill on the kerb instead of the driveway. It kinks all over the place and takes an age to fill now so I find myself pottering around doing other things, won't be long before I forget I'm filling the van and it's everywhere again. It was alright before because it was full in 5/6 mins so I knew not to take my eye off it ?
It does have an effect on the flip side my tank is filling a lot faster with less than 10m of hose. 

This is the stuff you want Flexible Pond Hose  it returns to it's original shape if crushed I have driven over mine crushed it and everything else in between and it doesn't split the like the usual stuff sold which is very rigid I have had mine maybe 4 years now and it's still going strong you can get a barbed joiner to join two lengths as well. 

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi all. Resurrecting this thread with a question: Do you need a compressor to apply Raptor Liner? I’m getting the 4-pack to do the floor of my Renault Trafic ??‍♂️
Yes as the coverage you'll need requires a decent air flow. The kits come with application guns which are the same as underseal 

Why not Google raptor lining and it's all there 

Every time you forget your tank is filling and you overfill it, just remember you aren't alone. Its also one of my regular past times.?

Every time you forget your tank is filling and you overfill it, just remember you aren't alone. Its also one of my regular past times.?
I've been getting better at this with the new set up to be fair. But then there's two of us filling two vans at a time now so we're much less likely to make a mistake without the other one noticing.

With regards to the raptor liner, I'd never use it again. The undercoat didn't take to the floor correctly. It's all raising, shrinking and cracking now. It seems as though the undercoat just created a layer over the top. I've had the older van done with speed liner and it's much thicker than the raptor and much much better. I've been converted and reckon it's worth the extra.

I've been getting better at this with the new set up to be fair. But then there's two of us filling two vans at a time now so we're much less likely to make a mistake without the other one noticing.

With regards to the raptor liner, I'd never use it again. The undercoat didn't take to the floor correctly. It's all raising, shrinking and cracking now. It seems as though the undercoat just created a layer over the top. I've had the older van done with speed liner and it's much thicker than the raptor and much much better. I've been converted and reckon it's worth the extra.
I have had my latest van done with linex it’s excellent not as thick as speedliner but just as durable and half the price , and it’s instantly hard after spraying , my one with speedliner took a couple of weeks to go hard 

I have had my latest van done with linex it’s excellent not as thick as speedliner but just as durable and half the price , and it’s instantly hard after spraying , my one with speedliner took a couple of weeks to go hard 
Sounds similar to Raptor mate. It wasn't the quality that was the problem per se, it was how it took to the metal. If it was done professionally I'm sure it would have been great. The undercoat was the issue I think. I had some work done to the original van at Grippa and happened to ask if they could speed liner a van that had been previously lined with protectakote. Took them 3 days to get the original lining off, then they had some issues with the changeover and ended up with the van for 3 weeks so it was solid as a rock when I got it back. Thats why I had the hot water system hire.

Latest Posts

Back