Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van mount or strap

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Check out adr regulations online

Tells you how much of a hazardous/ dangerous substance you can carry before needing an adr licence and orange plates

This is what they say about lpg and it can be carried under the small load regs however they do expect you to carry a 2kg dry powder extinguisher 

. LPG. This is in transport category 2. The "small load threshold" is 333 kg and there is no LQ provision.. The result is that all cylinders count towards the load limit, but if that is less than 333 kg, the "minimum" ADR requirements apply.

It also states this in a different section which seems to contradict itself and i read it as not covered by any regs

A driver taking dangerous goods with him for use with some machine or process that will be operated on arrival will be exempt.

Who's that with green and do they know it has tank in
Mines up for renewal over £1000 quote this year they must be having a laugh as it was just over £700 last year full no claims no points [emoji35]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Blimey I thought insurance was supposed to get cheaper with age! I’m only 20 and insured my Transit Custom for £600 this year with Admiral.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blimey I thought insurance was supposed to get cheaper with age! I’m only 20 and insured my Transit Custom for £600 this year with Admiral.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i use a car and mines 900 a year, my personal car is 1320 a year im 28, 2yrs no claims. Also depends on where you are, im in a 'high risk' area

Am I the only one who has never volunteered to the insurers that I carry a 650 litre water tank . I have never been asked . They ask what I do for a living . I tell them no lies . But not one has ever asked if I carry a tank of water .  They ask if it had been modified . The answer is no . Because I strap mine down . 

Am I the only one who has never volunteered to the insurers that I carry a 650 litre water tank . I have never been asked . They ask what I do for a living . I tell them no lies . But not one has ever asked if I carry a tank of water .  They ask if it had been modified . The answer is no . Because I strap mine down . 
I was asked what I do for a living. Told them window cleaner. They asked trad or with a pole system. I told them both. That's it.

i use a car and mines 900 a year, my personal car is 1320 a year im 28, 2yrs no claims. Also depends on where you are, im in a 'high risk' area
I'm 42 and have full no claims protected and wife named on insurance

Renault kangoo van and 320 quid a year lol

Well got it same price as last year so happy days I asked mine today as it states van modification I asked them what this was and guess what it is roof racks/bars.
I could not believe it when they said yes roof racks as they are not fitted as standard so be careful guys

Just starting out on Water fed trolley system. Got x 8  25L bottles in my small van. Anyone know best way to secure these bottles from moving around ?
Box them in with a wooden frame which is attached to the load ties via carriage bolts. This is what I did several years back before I moved to a van mount.

IMG_20150714_184100539_HDR.jpg

Must admit I have always wondered what the standard tie down loops are rated at. Had a few searches but never found an answer.
Just take the bolt out and have a look at the size if them , all my vans have tie diwn points with 19-12 mm bolts and the floor is spot welded if you put a ratchet strap on the d ring and just pull it with your hand you can see the floor pan  moving , I have renault master , Mercedes Vito , Toyota proace ,and renault traffic they are all the same the Vito is stronger than the others but I certainly wouldn’t want to rely on those fixings in the event of an accident .

Back