Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van service today

WCF

Help Support WCF:

tench0771

Had the van in for service was told £260 so turned up they then said it’s the big one due £460 ? got it d sorted they found a oil leak from crank case £800 but said they do 30%off so £550 mot due they said no charge for mot and knocked a bit off the service so only charged me £400 had better days ??. Vivaro 1.6cdti 25k on clock

Had the van in for service was told £260 so turned up they then said it’s the big one due £460 ? got it d sorted they found a oil leak from crank case £800 but said they do 30%off so £550 mot due they said no charge for mot and knocked a bit off the service so only charged me £400 had better days ??. Vivaro 1.6cdti 25k on clock
Is this one of those brain tester puzzles where we have to work out how much it cost you in total? :LOL: I've had a couple so it's a hard one to crack but I'm guessing £950? £550 for the crank case and £400 for the service?

Whatever it is, sounds bad that for only 25k on the clock. I recently had the head skimmed, new gasket fitted, full oil change, coolant change, new heater matrix and a new cam belt and it came to less than £1,500. I thought that was a was a really good price though.

Is this one of those brain tester puzzles where we have to work out how much it cost you in total? :LOL: I've had a couple so it's a hard one to crack but I'm guessing £950? £550 for the crank case and £400 for the service?

Whatever it is, sounds bad that for only 25k on the clock. I recently had the head skimmed, new gasket fitted, full oil change, coolant change, new heater matrix and a new cam belt and it came to less than £1,500. I thought that was a was a really good price though.
I don't know either but I can tell you how much it would cost you to replace both turbos at 35k miles. **** vans sorry to offend

Yes £400 service £550 crank seal ?

Aye, mechanics will be millionaires in the future. Started servicing my van myself, not that difficult.

Ime assuming it’s the 1.6 engine ? They are renowned for this issue.
Yes 1.6

I bought the van before little girl arrived and we'd just bought a house I ended up losing 7k on that van.

Stay away personally a good looking van and brilliant space but just shocking

Yes 1.6

I bought the van before little girl arrived and we'd just bought a house I ended up losing 7k on that van.

German vans seem to be good value and last long. I've had my Crafter for over 10 years now, it had £20k on clock and 18 months old when I bought it. Next year vans will drop in price due to companies going bust. I just heard of a big PVC and window installer going bust after decades in business, the banks get nervous and don't extend overdraught and they quickly have to shut down.

Yes 1.6

We had the 2 litre version for many years and apart from wear and tear it did us well. Still going strong 14 years old with 180k miles on the clock. The 1.6 engine is the weak link

Unfortunately the way we use our vans isn't kind to the turbos. We have heavy loads and have a short drive to the next job then shutoff the engine and the turbo cooks the oil. This then starts to close off the oil outlet from the turbo which restricts the oil flow making the turbo get hotter and cook more oil......

If there is a fully synthetic oil that meets or exceeds the oil spec on your van use it! Fully synthetics can stand the high turbo temps so much better.

Yes 1.6

The 2.0 version is ok , the 1.6 engin was stressed to much with the twin turbos they only made it for a short time due to the major engine/turbo catastrophic falliers , but it’s not right you should have been put of pocket .

German vans seem to be good value and last long. I've had my Crafter for over 10 years now, it had £20k on clock and 18 months old when I bought it. Next year vans will drop in price due to companies going bust. I just heard of a big PVC and window installer going bust after decades in business, the banks get nervous and don't extend overdraught and they quickly have to shut down.
That my friend has nothing to do with overdrafts

Poor management and **** staff I'd say I have 3 friends that have glazing companies and the money that is in it is crazy but when you pay peanuts you get monkeys

i have a mk2 2 ltr pug expert. Not the best but not the worst. It has 164.000 on the clock but runs nicely no rust. Has had a few electical issues which isn`t that surprising. Having said that it is very easy to repair and cheap for parts. Its also surprisingly economical. Fancy a vito electric next.

Latest Posts

Back