Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van upgrade...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

yes spruce I fell into the new mot rules as my air bag light was on ...forcing me to get it fixed...after passing for years with it on
cost me £35 and was a gamble sending off the box but worked okay...

and periodically ...randomly ...out of the blue it will pop the engine light on to annoy me..

but cheapie knows how to clear it in seconds now...

dont you just love ebay..:rofl:
The first place to look if the airbag warning light is on is the seat belt pretensioner coupling under the driver's seat. Continually adjusting the seat for different drivers is usually the cause of the problem at the cable joiner. I've also seen the cable getting damaged in the seat rails.

We've done pretty well out of Ebay car and van wise TBH.

you should see me everyday waiting for it to go out...:rofl:

anyway poor muggins here has no electric window and the air con needs re gassing so a wee bit hot at the mo...

garage wants £200 car lucky to be worth £400 so I will have to sweat it out ...but really I know ...it will soon be cold again./emoticons/biggrin.png

yes spruce I fell into the new mot rules as my air bag light was on ...forcing me to get it fixed...after passing for years with it on
cost me £35 and was a gamble sending off the box but worked okay...

and periodically ...randomly ...out of the blue it will pop the engine light on to annoy me..

but cheapie knows how to clear it in seconds now...

dont you just love ebay..:rofl:
Does your airbag double up as a pillow for some afternoon zzzzzzz's cheap?........until someone starts knockin on ya windaz asking for gutter quotes /emoticons/biggrin.png

View attachment 4846 a cheap fix for the airbag light is to buy a little 5 second delay timer that you connect to a mini bulb that you then tuck up behind the airbag decal in the instrument panel. these m.o.t life savers are only 2 or 3 quid on ebay , easy enough to fit , from china .

Last edited:
you should see me everyday waiting for it to go out...:rofl:
anyway poor muggins here has no electric window and the air con needs re gassing so a wee bit hot at the mo...

garage wants £200 car lucky to be worth £400 so I will have to sweat it out ...but really I know ...it will soon be cold again./emoticons/biggrin.png
/emoticons/smile.png

The old conundrum!

Do you replace an old vehicle with something newer because it's worth nothing commercially but still mechanically sound?

Or do you stick with it until it starts to cost more in repairs and downtime than you can justify?

Then, when does that point in its life come when it's not worth spending money on any longer?

View attachment 7212 a cheap fix for the airbag light is to buy a little 5 second delay timer that you connect to a mini bulb that you then tuck up behind the airbag decal in the instrument panel. these m.o.t life savers are only 2 or 3 quid on ebay , easy enough to fit , from china .
Yip, but @boarcity, I personally (not speaking for anyone else but myself) would rather scrap the van than fit one of those. I see my life as more valuable in this case.

The airbag warning light is telling me that the airbag system has a fault and may not save my life in an accident. My old bod isn't worth much :cry: but it is worth more than £3.00 (in my opinion though and may not necessarily reflect the views of the rest of my family.::)/emoticons/smile.png

thats a good point there SPRUCE . many airbags have to be replaced at the 10 year marker anyway, its nearly always uneconomic

iv just remembered ,the trade nickname for a get -around repair such as the timer is known as "n/gger rigging"

did you ever hear that expression when you were in the trade?

thats a good point there SPRUCE . many airbags have to be replaced at the 10 year marker anyway, its nearly always uneconomic
iv just remembered ,the trade nickname for a get -around repair such as the timer is known as "n/gger rigging"

did you ever hear that expression when you were in the trade?
I haven't to be honest. It sounds like an Americanism.

Being a South African I couldn't get away with saying that anyway. Got into trouble once when I called large Liquorice gob-stopper balls we loved as kids by the name we also knew them by - n***** balls. They are now know as sugar balls or liquorice balls.

Doesn't sound right though.

Back