Vinegar on applicator

Discussion in 'Tutorials & DIY' started by Posh, May 21, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Posh

Posh Hero

Got to my 1st clean today where a rose bush grows by the window. Usually use this stuff I have to get it off but having cleaned the Astra out yesterday forgot to put stuff in. So's set me thinking. What I did was pour a small amount of vinegar on my applicator with soap and it came off a treat. Not only that I also noticed that during the day my windows were IAbsolutly sparkling with this method & yes there's more, your squeegee glides over the window with the minimum of effort. Will be doing this each morning now. Thought I'd share this bit of good fortune with you & maybe try it. Do NOT do of you can't stand smell of vinegar but that goes after a couple of minutes. Just pour a small amount the length of your applicator.

Advertisement
  2. Paul

Paul Guest

Dd you only put it on in the morning or throughout the day, there a windy near me aka streaky lol he swears by it walks round with a cart with 2 5l tubs of the stuff he stinks lol

3. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

if i did that id just want to sit and eat chips all day mmmmmmmmmmmmm chips

4. Posh

Posh Hero

I just put it on in the morning but if you wanted to top it up I Spose it would be ok. I was amazed by it. Yeah must admit does remind you of chips lol

5. simon

simon Guru

when i started out i used to put white vinegar in my bucket all the time, not a right lot but a good splash, really the only time it made a big difference was on the insides of houses where there were a lot of smokers, its brill for nicotine

6. Posh

Posh Hero

I do that but coz this woz ground in thought I'd try it this way & it was brill.

7. Dodger

Dodger Hero

It's in my water with ecover all the time, I reckon it does give a better shine especially when ya do inside and out.

8. Masons

Masons Guru

I'll give it a try tomorrow, I'll splash a bit in my bucket come morn and post the results.

9. james44

james44 Well-Known Member

posh now you know why i use vinegar with ecover!

i add 50ml into my bucket that does the same as putting it on you applicator!

10. Dodger

Dodger Hero

About same as me roughly 15-20ml per gallon.

Some people reckon it would smell like fish and chips as well but it doesn't, I do interiors with it as well and although there is a tiny bit of a vinegar odour I have actually been complimented on the fact that rooms smell better than they did before after about half an hour once everything is dry but then vinegar is good for deodourising.

Advertisement