Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Vision 2. Can’t see the point in using it

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hiya Kevin.

Hope you're ok bud.

Not sure why people are saying snake oil etc.

Unless you try certain things you don't know.

I still swear by enigma or ipa to help on bad jobs.

Especially enigma where the windows are a doddle to clean on subsequent cleans.

Hard to get some people to understand but just because they spend money to make water pure why not add something that helps??
i'm fine mate, had a few rough months family wise but all ok now, how are you and julie?,

in the early days when people derided these additives it used to grind me a bit but nowadays i just let it ride over me and not let it get to me, i think when people quote snake oil etc its really because it goes against everything they know about "pure" water, for example my water produced through a 40/40 and maybe at 000tds or thereabouts is considered pure but if someone else did the same but used nuclear grade resin it would catch more impurities and be more purer so my water would be dirty compared to his, your water however because its rain water harvested will be so much more softer and once passed through nuclear grade resin would be awesome but,this is the thing, the water is as clean as it can be for our purposes as window cleaners. water is a chemical like many others and is classified as a solvent, imagine that dave advertising pure solvent window cleaning on a van?.

some people are just scared of change or something which maybe challenges their way of thinking- i'm just as bad as anyone with new things or methods but i do give them some thought and maybe try them.

aaaaaahhh, enigma, when i was on lockdown i made one to get rid of spider/bee poo on frames and glass as it was really peeing me off at that time and tbh what better time to re think things, i'll pop some down to you to try if you want? its not 100% yet as you have to work with the insects and the weather to work out the kind of poo, think i'm a bit of a geek lol

@Dirty dan if you wanted to message me thats fine and i'll try and help and guide you through the problems or doubts your having re vision.

Ime really pleased with it lovely system , it does take up a bit of room though ??, was a good day out when we came up to get it , hope things are all ok with you , don’t forget if you are ever down hear come and see us . ?
i'm glad your pleased with it paul, sadly any further south than doncaster things get strange and accents change although with the current situation a southern break for the weekend could be on the cards- provided you lot don't swamp the beaches at the weekend of course.?

i'm fine mate, had a few rough months family wise but all ok now, how are you and julie?,

in the early days when people derided these additives it used to grind me a bit but nowadays i just let it ride over me and not let it get to me, i think when people quote snake oil etc its really because it goes against everything they know about "pure" water, for example my water produced through a 40/40 and maybe at 000tds or thereabouts is considered pure but if someone else did the same but used nuclear grade resin it would catch more impurities and be more purer so my water would be dirty compared to his, your water however because its rain water harvested will be so much more softer and once passed through nuclear grade resin would be awesome but,this is the thing, the water is as clean as it can be for our purposes as window cleaners. water is a chemical like many others and is classified as a solvent, imagine that dave advertising pure solvent window cleaning on a van?.

some people are just scared of change or something which maybe challenges their way of thinking- i'm just as bad as anyone with new things or methods but i do give them some thought and maybe try them.

aaaaaahhh, enigma, when i was on lockdown i made one to get rid of spider/bee poo on frames and glass as it was really peeing me off at that time and tbh what better time to re think things, i'll pop some down to you to try if you want? its not 100% yet as you have to work with the insects and the weather to work out the kind of poo, think i'm a bit of a geek lol

@Dirty dan if you wanted to message me thats fine and i'll try and help and guide you through the problems or doubts your having re vision.
Glad you're ok mate. You went awol for a bit.

had a bit of the black dog to qoute churchill if i'm honest dave, you'll know what i mean, 

and why is that scottish?
I did a test on dirty pvc with different degreasers and the only thing to make a vast difference was the temperature of the water. If you have ever used a washing machine then you will know a boil wash nearly gets out all the stains and its the same with dishes. Why would you contaminate Pure by adding something to it?

had a bit of the black dog to qoute churchill if i'm honest dave, you'll know what i mean, 

and why is that scottish?
Give me a shout if you want mate..

Been there

I did a test on dirty pvc with different degreasers and the only thing to make a vast difference was the temperature of the water. If you have ever used a washing machine then you will know a boil wash nearly gets out all the stains and its the same with dishes. Why would you contaminate Pure by adding something to it?
If you don't understand it then no point trying to argue with you.

If you understand chemistry and effects of chemicals then it's good to play around with them.

Can't remember the last time I used just pure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Give me a shout if you want mate..

Been there

If you don't understand it then no point trying to argue with you.

If you understand chemistry and effects of chemicals then it's good to play around with them.

Can't remember the last time I used just pure.
last time i used "pure" was nine years ago dave, still here working and earning a living

thats probably in all fairness the surface wasn't covered in grease more likely just airborne dirt so a degreaser wouldn't work? but another product would shift it straight away one that would remove airborne dirt.

thats probably in all fairness the surface wasn't covered in grease more likely just airborne dirt so a degreaser wouldn't work? but another product would shift it straight away one that would remove airborne dirt.
I did a main road first clean in town and the windows were black with traffic dirt. I just sat in van till my water temperature got up and then wet every window and went back to the first one and scrubbed away. Didn't take long to have them all sparkling and all I used was pure. I don't think I could get them any cleaner by using an additive but i maybe wrong.

vision is garbage.......i know because ive tried it...both vision 1 and 2...i gave it 6 months...all it ever did was slow me down and leave a big gloopy mess at the bottom of my tank.....i chucked it away in the end.......

vision is garbage.......i know because ive tried it...both vision 1 and 2...i gave it 6 months...all it ever did was slow me down and leave a big gloopy mess at the bottom of my tank.....i chucked it away in the end.......
Glad you got the vision to ditch vision and save yourself a few bob into the bargain.

That's just like saying hypo is **** as it doesn't remove carbon deposits lol.

y'see dazmond i could say the same about "pure", i've been using additives for nearly nine years now and would not go back to just plain water, your problem was that you were'nt mixing it properly hence the gloopy mess in your tank.whichever way you look at this additive thing theres some who hate it and some who actually understand them and get on with it just fine, but to say its garbage because you didn't mix it properly from the start is more user error than the products fault.

y'see dazmond i could say the same about "pure", i've been using additives for nearly nine years now and would not go back to just plain water, your problem was that you were'nt mixing it properly hence the gloopy mess in your tank.whichever way you look at this additive thing theres some who hate it and some who actually understand them and get on with it just fine, but to say its garbage because you didn't mix it properly from the start is more user error than the products fault.
Exactly Kevin..

Things like brownian motion etc.

That is why these additives need to be mixed correctly and the night before preferably.

I think hot water will shorten the life of the resin , but don’t see why it wouldn’t work , doubt it would Hot water more like warm but anything is better than cold especially in the winter in Scotland.
Mate I'm so sorry, never seen this response!

Yeah I was wondering that. But might be a worthwhile tradeoff. I would love a proper hot water system eventually but can't at the moment, so thought this might be a reasonable trade off if I can get it to work.

That’s interesting reading but can you explain it in understandable English please ??? 

View attachment 21672
Basically the longer you leave an additive in your water the more it mixes on a molecular level which vastly improves it's effects.

Especially something like enigma which definitely makes a big difference if you mix it the night before.

Back