Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Vision 2. Can’t see the point in using it

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I sometimes use a glug of ipa in the water as it does help to clean up dirty frames etc but is alcohol so evaporates completely leaving nothing behind.

I do like using enigma (it's the only one I've found that actually works) but haven't replenished my stocks recently so just using pure and a dash of ipa.
Glad you explained ipa = indian pale ale ( but is alcohol so evaporates completely leaving nothing behind.)??

I’ve just started using vision 2 for the last week, not really noticing any difference in performance. One thing I have noticed though is that I’m using extra water, due to the tiny bubbles looking like grit left on the glass I’m finding myself rinsing for longer. Bloody frustrating
I never really understood this additives malarkey, you spend a small fortune in equipment to purify your water, you spend precious time getting your tds down to absolute zero, then add foreign bodies in the form of this Vision stuff that bubbles all over the place  and buggers up your system. ?

I think you are right but I don't want a massive bill 5 years down the line. I could change my carbon/sediment filter every year and get the service every two years if I wanted too but it all depends on the amount of work I pick up. I must be gaining a new windy customer every week now with the advertising. That reminds me, I need to order a hose valve and a set of Grippatank underneath van rollers. ?
I know a window cleaner who had a diesel heater for  10 years before he had the burner changed.....he had done nothing to it in all that time (apart from change a few fuses and tighten a few connectors).....it would be cheaper to buy a new heater every 10 years rather than get it serviced every year at £600 a pop....

Last edited by a moderator:
I know a window cleaner who had a diesel heater for  10 years before he had the burner changed.....he had done nothing to it in all that time (apart from change a few fuses and tighten a few connectors).....it would be cheaper to buy a new heater every 10 years rather than get it serviced every year at £600 a pop....
Aye, but when you are making serious money then you don't want it to stop. I have to put van in to get exhaust fixed and that's when I have a rest. I think a service every two years would suit me fine.

why do you think these webasto heaters and parts are so expensive?because they very rarely need swapping out.....these heaters are built to last for many years used day in/day out...

I never really understood this additives malarkey, you spend a small fortune in equipment to purify your water, you spend precious time getting your tds down to absolute zero, then add foreign bodies in the form of this Vision stuff that bubbles all over the place  and buggers up your system. ?
Great minds think alike totally agree well said ?

@pjj is the ionics stystem i sold to you working allright?
Hiya Kevin.

Hope you're ok bud.

Not sure why people are saying snake oil etc.

Unless you try certain things you don't know.

I still swear by enigma or ipa to help on bad jobs.

Especially enigma where the windows are a doddle to clean on subsequent cleans.

Hard to get some people to understand but just because they spend money to make water pure why not add something that helps??

@pjj is the ionics stystem i sold to you working allright?
Hi Kevin , yes it’s running sweet as a nut , I don't think that burner has been used much , I have completely re built and re wired re plumbed it and it’s running 8 hours a day 5 days a week . I also changed both pumps it does chuck out some heat evan on the lower setting by lunch time we are turning the boiler off and the water in the tank is 75 degrees ???. Why do you ask ???

Hi Kevin , yes it’s running sweet as a nut , I don't think that burner has been used much , I have completely re built and re wired re plumbed it and it’s running 8 hours a day 5 days a week . I also changed both pumps it does chuck out some heat evan on the lower setting by lunch time we are turning the boiler off and the water in the tank is 75 degrees ???. Why do you ask ???
probably as it's been used with additives long term and no issues.

Isopropyl alcohol.. 99% alcohol and 1% water.

Just make sure you get the 99% one.

Not cheap but only need a glug.

It brings all my frames up spotless.
Hi Dave

Stupid question are you putting the glug in your tank ? if not please advice ? 

Question lads. Recently found out a window cleaner I know had a hot water tap installed and uses it to fill the tank up, running the hot water through DI vessels to then into the tank. During the winter he'll half fill the tank like this the night before and says the heat it gives off keeps the entire van warm so nothing freezes, then tops it up in the morning. I fancy doing something similar but wary of causing myself issues, anything I should be mindful of, any parts I should consider?

I think hot water will shorten the life of the resin , but don’t see why it wouldn’t work , doubt it would Hot water more like warm but anything is better than cold especially in the winter in Scotland.

no reason really paul, i don't often look at topics nowadays and your comments jogged my memory into asking if you had fitted it yet and if it was working ok, it worked fine for me just the system didn't really suit me and my work plus i had no room left in the van.

no reason really paul, i don't often look at topics nowadays and your comments jogged my memory into asking if you had fitted it yet and if it was working ok, it worked fine for me just the system didn't really suit me and my work plus i had no room left in the van.
Ime really pleased with it lovely system , it does take up a bit of room though ??, was a good day out when we came up to get it , hope things are all ok with you , don’t forget if you are ever down hear come and see us . ?

Back