Vistaprint

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by boarcity, Nov 12, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#1 boarcity, Nov 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2014
    everybody runs across vistaprint at some time or other. iv used them for 4 yrs for my website for one and iv never had any big problem with them. one time i rang them up to sort out a minor problem and cos i was out on the street i used my mobile- big mistake! turns out the office is in Barbados! call cost me £25 !!!

once you are "on their books" they bombard you with offers on all manner of promotional items.Cant blame them, ur the sucker spending so why not milk you. iv jus got to thinking,that if id taken them up on all the special deals that iv ignored past few years AND doled them out to potential customers id likely have a much bigger business

any views on vistaprint?

Advertisement
  2. rshandyman

rshandyman Forum Addict

I checked the price few month ago on the webside and they were more expensive so I went and bought somewhere else.

3. TolishAPurd

I've never really liked them mate. I've seen too many people with the same design. And not sure if they still do it, butI know they used to have 'vistaprint' printed on the back of the cards which is a bit naff IMO. So many good printers out there to choose from, even if it costs a couple of quid extra, its gotta be worth it. And that call centre sounds out of order to me.

4. cheapncheerful

i think they have gone a bit more expensive now....

i still have millions of bloomin cards i got off them ...

their free rubber stamp....hmmm it was so tiny i couldnt read it....and in this last couple of weeks where everything i touch breaks it broke...

but the cards i had were cheapncheerful and so i cant moan..

i got caught out once with a decorator who caught me at the door asking for the number for the aa....can i borrow your phone as i dropped mine and it broke he said..

softy here let him use my phone and he rang them pair of pillocks in the shorts on tv....118 i cringed but didnt say anything as i felt sorry for him with his story of his car just broke down his phoned dropped and broke, his wifes car broke last week...

i felt happier as he went through to the aa....i didnt realise them crafty pillocks in the shorts still charge you as they pass you through on their line....so not so daft are they?

a total call of six minutes cost me £15 but i am afraid you have to put it down to experience....we all have made the wrong decision at some time....now you have reminded me i will sulk till i forget...:gush:

but as for vistaprint....a pretty good company but....like a lot ...they start out cheap to get the custom and then up the prices...

5. Shiny

Shiny Forum Addict

£15 for a 6 min call... That would have been 4 of your jobs done that day down the pan, wont it cnc...? well before you started to smurf prices that is...!!! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Well 118 have to pay for their flash ads on tv somehow :D

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I used vistaprint to get 500 business cards without leaving the house for under 20 quid
    They look ok and don't have vistaprint written on them
    I used an old email address so i never have to see their advertising cack

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

That reminds me I had a full credit refund for some magnetic signs I bought way back. They gave only 30 days for the credit note to be used so I'm guessing it's ran out by now. :rolleyes:

9. Posh

Posh Hero

I've always ordered from them & never had a problem. Just got another 500 cards as had run out for under a tenner.

Just on a note isn't surprising how many cards you give out to how many calls you actually get back!!!

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I stopped using cards etc a few years back when I ran out and have never bothered to get anymore.

When people ask for a card and I say "sorry i've ran out but have you got your diary handy" then I get them to right my details down. It's all a big game with me as I know if they are willing to do this then I have more chance of gaining work than just handing someone a flyer or business card that they will eventually loose or bin.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
Advertisement