Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Visual gutter and fascia’s pricing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

JackRP

Hi guys,

I’m very new to the world of window cleaning. I’ve got my window pricing ok but a customer has asked for the visual gutters and fascia’s to be cleaned, as well as the windows.
Not sure of the size of the house yet but I know it’s a new build.
My question is. How do you quote for the visual gutters and fascia’s etc?

I have only been going a year and have only recently started cleaning exterior of gutters, facia and soffit. I recently did 60 meters on a bungalow and it took me 3hrs. So 3mins per meter.
I treated it as a learning curve. I earned a little more than I would cleaning windows but it was harder work!
If it's your first one I would do it on a Friday so you have time to recover and treat it as a learning curve, so charge say based on 4 mins per meter at your hourly rate.

OK so I agree that this is cheap but it enables you to gain experience, confidence and you can gauge your timings. Make notes of what chemicals you use, what mix ratio, what brushes you found worked best etc.
I have another booked in for Friday and I'm charging about double my hourly window cleaning rate which I'm happy with. Pricing will depend on the area and how much you want the job. If you need the money or experience go in cheap if you want, it's your business your choice.

A typical 3 bed semi down hear with approx 10 meters front and back and one end with eaves and a small porch takes about 1-1:5 hours for an experienced cleaner so it might take you a bit longer say 2 hours , spray with a bit of virosol or similar diluted 10-1 if no sprayer mix some up in a bucket dip the brush in it and apply like that scrub each bracket both sides then do the gutter section in between the brackets then do a section of the facia and soffit board rinse with either the pole or garden hose if the customer has one , now for the controversial bit ?? we would be £80 plus the windows but if you want the experience go in at what you think the customer will pay , dont know ware in the country you are this might make a bit of a difference to the price .

A typical 3 bed semi down hear with approx 10 meters front and back and one end with eaves and a small porch takes about 1-1:5 hours for an experienced cleaner so it might take you a bit longer say 2 hours , spray with a bit of virosol or similar diluted 10-1 if no sprayer mix some up in a bucket dip the brush in it and apply like that scrub each bracket both sides then do the gutter section in between the brackets then do a section of the facia and soffit board rinse with either the pole or garden hose if the customer has one , now for the controversial bit ?? we would be £80 plus the windows but if you want the experience go in at what you think the customer will pay , dont know ware in the country you are this might make a bit of a difference to the price .
That sounds just like the one I have booked in for Friday. 20 meters (front+back) a gable end and a small porch. For once looks like I have priced a little high :) .

We have one today just back of a 3 bed semi detached house with a bit over a conservatory. We quoted £60 prob about 8 meters in total. Will apply solution and brush off probably about 1hr work for 1 person.

But it's a killer on the shoulders and neck hens the price.

That sounds just like the one I have booked in for Friday. 20 meters (front+back) a gable end and a small porch. For once looks like I have priced a little high :) .
I've found you can charge a lot lot higher for fascia, soffit cleans. I've got one next week, 10 metres (5 front, 5 back) £80 and it will be about 1.5 hours tops, but that's actually on the low side, I've been a bit quiet and I needed the work. It's surprising how much people will pay for it, I always tell them though that the results last for years, not months.

I'm comfortable charging a lot higher because the way I see it, it's payment for knackering my shoulders, arms, neck muscles. I've actually told the customers many a time now that the jobs a killer and the price reflects the effort. When you have the confidence to tell them straight it actually helps everyone, the customer knows exactly why it's higher and you know the customer knows why it's higher.

To be honest I don't think anyone has said 'no' to a fascia / soffit quote, that's despite the high price. Rule of thumb normally means you can charge higher when you get them all say yes, so I really don't know what the limit would be on them. My highest was £195 last year on a 4 side detached, was a killer though. Highest this year was £160 and that was a much easier detached.

The ones with the vents for the full length on the soffits are higher as they're a lot more fiddly to clean, but I've done enough of them to have the knack of how to do them in good time.

I’ve got one with vents all the way along in about 3 weeks, what do you find is the best technique Chris34? Dirty water always seems to drip out of them for ages

I’ve got one with vents all the way along in about 3 weeks, what do you find is the best technique Chris34? Dirty water always seems to drip out of them for ages
Clean in the normal way leave it for a few muinits to drip then shake the pole to get the water off the brush then with water off brush the vents ,shake the brush to remove the water leave fir a few muinits and repeat as nessasary , or tie a scrim around the brush and go over the vents with that .

Just give them a good clean to the point where there is no cobwebs and no dirt actually stuck on the soffits, then just get a brand new dry microfibre cloth and tie it around the brush and then basically dry all the drip marks off. Works a treat. Every so often you have to bring it back down and ring out the cloth, believe it or not it gets sopping wet quite quickly, but just ring it out and then continue.

I use a couple of buckets with a few ladder limbs, degreaser in hot water, 4 scrub pads and plenty of dry cloths. I clear out the gutter and clean the SFG as I move along the ladders. ?

Back