Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Being Prepared For Tomorrow

WCF

Help Support WCF:

do you go up ladders if there is ice on the ground?
I did for 24 years

Just have to be sensible

Like doing a townhouse in the snow with ladder foot resting against car wheel to stop slipping:whistle:

That was in my stupid years though

I did for 24 yearsJust have to be sensible

Like doing a townhouse in the snow with ladder foot resting against car wheel to stop slipping:whistle:

That was in my stupid years though
i saw someone a few months ago with his ladders on the roof of his van lmao

-2 "feels like" -4 here. First winter WFP so god knows. I'm bringing my hoses inside once the tank is full and I'll bring my back pack in too. Hopefully the RO vessels and the tank don't freeze :eek:
If you can throw a double bed duvet right over the tank and r/o unit. The duvet will help keep the r/o from freezing as the water in the tank will remain above freezing.

We had a very cold spell one winter, but even with that, the water temperature in the tank was 9 degrees.

These are the ones i used my car to foot the ladder

Wide ledge below top windows that i would usually walk on to do the tops as i did 3 in a row

Ladder over angle due to sloped roof above ground floor

When i look back at it i shudder at how stupid i used to be back in the day but i reckon all tradders have taken stupid risks for a few quid in the past

View attachment 8976

These are the ones i used my car to foot the ladderWide ledge below top windows that i would usually walk on to do the tops as i did 3 in a row

Ladder over angle due to sloped roof above ground floor

When i look back at it i shudder at how stupid i used to be back in the day but i reckon all tradders have taken stupid risks for a few quid in the past

View attachment 12870
i know a tradder who fell off a ladder from 6 feet up, broke his arm and had 4 weeks off work. now hes wfp.

I fell from 1st floor and fractured my coccyx and couldn't walk properly or work for nearly a month

I fell from 1st floor and fractured my coccyx and couldn't walk properly or work for nearly a month
being purely wfp i will agree that trad gives a better result. thing i hate bout wfp is you leave it and hope you rinsed off ok. ( not had an issue yet ) but is the danger of a ladder worth ruining your health?

i had to wait 90 mins too for the sun to get on the glass, i had water freezing on the glass and it was a nightmare. i used to put ipa in my water but got caught out this year.

bad day for me water freezing in the pencils 1st job went home went back out battery dead on system waste of day and fuel lol

I got quite lucky - Van said -4 at first job but house stood up to the water bar one of the Velux roof windows and two of the sides which iced over. After that job nothing else froze what so ever. Picked up two new customers and did a full day. Have had **** hair all afternoon since I took my hat off when it hit 3 degrees though!

Tomorrow looking even colder though so I may stay in bed an extra hour :ninja:

Water was freezing as soon as it hit the path this morning. First 2 conservatories and the water froze on impact :confused:.
my customers didnt mind that it was sheets of ice sliding down the windows lol.

BUT i did mind. just bought 5L of ipa to put in the water, now you see we wont get any more ice.

i have covered the windscreen up and covered my water barrels up with a nice old duvet. im prepared now.

my customers didnt mind that it was sheets of ice sliding down the windows lol. BUT i did mind. just bought 5L of ipa to put in the water, now you see we wont get any more ice.

i have covered the windscreen up and covered my water barrels up with a nice old duvet. im prepared now.
Greene King? /emoticons/tongue.png

I thought i had covered all the bases this morning (van heated. Shed heated. Pipes lined). Then BOOM forgot about custys not having heating on in conny and dumbo here forgot to put Bioethanol in my van tank this morning.. oh yes a wonderful array of ice patterns sheeting down the glass and brush head that looked like a mountaineers beard trying to reach the top of everest... [emoji36]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back