Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What's the average use of your rubber before you change it

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Surely that depends on how much you use each squeegee channel, what type of rubber you are using, how quickly it loses its sharp edge and if the rubber gets damaged or not.

I normally wash it out a couple of times, get my money's worth haha

On a serious note I change it whenever it leaves lines on the window

about a week. i never flip a rubber as they always seem to leave lines if i do

2 weeks for me at least when using red rubber, then flip it round, so about once a month. But I'm wfp mostly so that'll be why

so thats six months for cheapie then...oh feck no wonder I have no money I mean look at the time of post and I aint put my makeup on yet...time to do a runner...

I have to clean a ladies backside first...

well I did clean her frontside last week but ran out of time...:rofl:and did a runner.

4 weeks so far with the razr

But I do have 5 different size squeegees in constant use so the wear gets spread between them

Will see now with the wagtail how long it lasts as am gonna use that for a few weeks now to have a change

My rubbers last about a couple of months (both sides) but then I'm not using it every day as I use wfp for the most part. I use the red Razrblade rubbers, best rubbers I have ever used and they last for ages.

I reckon to change mine everyday, sometimes a bit longer. I find that if it's badly worn then it's no good turning it round, as it will leave lines, I may cut it down a fraction.

I reckon to change mine everyday, sometimes a bit longer. I find that if it's badly worn then it's no good turning it round, as it will leave lines, I may cut it down a fraction.
Can i have all your old one day used rubbers? :eek:/emoticons/biggrin.png

I used to change it as others have said, as soon as it starts leaving trails and or lines, but i always use both sides, i do wash them now and then. I used to use unger and tried a few others like ettore which is a great rubber, but after hearing about razerlift red rubber and being recommended it from Daveyboy1 i brought some and it lasts ages!

Ive been using a dogeared 6" and three liquidators, 10" 14" and 18". 14 gets the most use but it lasted a full four weeks and i clean quite a lot of windows, i could have got longer too im sure but the middle got a nasty nick on one side and the other totally worn down edges from the clips.

It's expensive with delivery etc but in the long run cheaper as lasting 4 times as long

Spent about 15 quid on 4 38" lengths and not even used half of it in 4 weeks so under £1.87 a week so far..cheaper if i don't need to change it for another week

That's with multiple squeegees

Not actually changed any yet in 4 weeks

I used to change it as others have said, as soon as it starts leaving trails and or lines, but i always use both sides, i do wash them now and then. I used to use unger and tried a few others like ettore which is a great rubber, but after hearing about razerlift red rubber and being recommended it from Daveyboy1 i brought some and it lasts ages!
Ive been using a dogeared 6" and three liquidators, 10" 14" and 18". 14 gets the most use but it lasted a full four weeks and i clean quite a lot of windows, i could have got longer too im sure but the middle got a nasty nick on one side and the other totally worn down edges from the clips.
Are you getting good edges, or are you detailing?

Back