Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Was Due A Custy Like This.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Status
Not open for further replies.
basically she only dates military blokes, her husband got killed by standing on a mine in Afghanistan and she got a massive pay out and blew the lot on that karcher i was on about. its a shame, i used to see it all the time when i went there and thought if only the houses wernt so close together, im not a tealeaf as if i want something i buy it myself. but i could sell that and recoup the loss. ill go round tomorrow and put an invoice in saying letter 1 of 3. and ill keep doing this and her bill will top up with my £3 per week late charge. all she had to do was say i dont need you no more but thanks. no say my works ****. my work it top notch coz i take pride in it. if you do a bad job word gets about fast and ruins ya.

She's got to ya ain't she kid. I've got loads that need pay back. I can't be arsed with the bother of it. A stare does the job, just to remind them ;-)

shes bad news tho mate, the family are military so think there it. dont get me wrong got nothing bad to say about military ppl but this family think YOU/WE owe them

most of the ex squaddies i know think because they did 2 years they are heroes, and still call themselves squaddies

I've a strict process for no payment, I send three letters, the last one says ill pass it on to debt recovery agent and then it gets passed to a debt recovery agent. You do NOT need a written contract, you ha a verbal contract with them which is more than enough, especially with the text message
Exactly what i do, anyone not paying after my set days will recieve my letter, also with added admin charges. Done it a couple of times. Always got my money very quickly lol
Also funny one i had was i kept getting excuses as to why she woulndt pay, kept turning up to get my money always refused to pay. Gave her the benifit of the doubt at first. But then thought enough was enough, so went there again and her daughter answered the door, i asked for her mum and told her what she owed. The daughter told me she had gone cloths shopping down town, so i told her you better phone her quick and get here asap as ill be sitting in my van outside till she gets here and ill be charging per hour im sat in the van. 30 mins later she turned up, soon got my money!

most of the ex squaddies i know think because they did 2 years they are heroes, and still call themselves squaddies
got no disrespect for them or anything cuz they do a great job but they know the risks when they join then they complain after about no right gear etc. in ww2 they had nothing and had bullets coming at them, that was real combat. today they think joining like you say for 2 years makes them heroes and they walk about with a massive chip on there shoulder. the town where she lives ( who never paid me ) is full of them coz theres a base near by, there always out causing trouble and bottling random people, they get away with it coz they claim they got some syndrome where they cant mix with normal society.

Exactly what i do, anyone not paying after my set days will recieve my letter, also with added admin charges. Done it a couple of times. Always got my money very quickly lol

Also funny one i had was i kept getting excuses as to why she woulndt pay, kept turning up to get my money always refused to pay. Gave her the benifit of the doubt at first. But then thought enough was enough, so went there again and her daughter answered the door, i asked for her mum and told her what she owed. The daughter told me she had gone cloths shopping down town, so i told her you better phone her quick and get here asap as ill be sitting in my van outside till she gets here and ill be charging per hour im sat in the van. 30 mins later she turned up, soon got my money!
i wouldnt sit and charge, id get squaddies smash my van in.

Another good one to use is to ask them how much there excess is on there insurance, wait for a response, usually it would be why? Then tell them it will be cheaper for you to pay me than to have all your windows replaced and fixed on your insurance! I actually know someone who said that to a shop owner, said he didnt have the 20 pound that was owed, he told him it will be cheaper for him to pay than for him to pay out on his excess. lol

thing is the texts can be saved, shes on a dating site tho. ill setup a fake name and message her saying the same things. then close the account.

thing is the texts can be saved, shes on a dating site tho. ill setup a fake name and message her saying the same things. then close the account.
No no no. Set up a blind date. When she turns up say, 'that'll be 20 quid please.'

i could play her couldnt i, set up a fake profile and lead her on and then say to meet me you gotta send 20 quid to this address lol

For crying out loud, why are you arguing with her via text ?

It's perfectly simple. "I'm cancelling you, my windows are still dirty"...."Oh, ok, I'll come and have a look"

"ok, where's the dirt?"..."here look"

Scene 1

"oh yes, sorry, I see what you mean, I'll blame that one on a fault with my system...I'll clean your windows again free of charge, sorry about that, it won't happen again"..."no problem, here's your 20 quid"

Scene 2a

"where did you say the dirt was?"..."here"..."where?"..."there"..."there's nothing there"..."there is"...."there isn't"..."ok then, here's your 20 quid"

Scene 2b "look there is and I'm not paying cause I'm not happy"...."ok, let's just call it a day eh, I'll put it down to experience....I gotta run now, the chief of police wants me to clean his windows after his solicitor recommended my work, bye".

Be professional bud and, don't let them get you down.

Mart.

if only we all lived in a cartoon world mate. i know that area well and i know what squadies are like. im writing that off as a loss and i certanily aint forgot and ill get my pay bk. i seriously dont think she will get another cleaner coz any other cleaner will want a good 25-30 for her windows, i did it cheap to get work in that area. im well over it now, i replaced that 20 a month loss and almost doubled that.

WELL it seems i got another moaning custy who cancelled. why cant ppl ring and say ummm my windows are still dirty etc?? they try to get outta it. im not a mind reader but they think i am by the sounds of it. YET again there back windows. whats wrong with ppl. if the backs dirty why not the front windows?? she said theres water marks from the top to the bottom of the glass. i said if you had called id of done them again for you. she said i wanna cancel thanks. whats with some ppl. i rinse loads. i put it down to the high winds and the rain we had. strange how the back gets messy all the time.

what are you charging for these house, what type of houses are they and how long does it take you

one soulution to that, i say get it done the industry standards way or get ladder monkeys in to stare through ya windows upstairs. so say ohh i will stick with the pole i was just saying. ( no offense to trad guys im sure they do a great job /emoticons/smile.png ) i normally say i am insured to work on your windows and 80% of other cleaners in this area prob arnt, ok there maybe cheaper but soon as nov comes you wont see them for dust coz they will be indoors. they only come out to clean when the sun shines where as im guarenteed to turn up when i say i will be here. most my customers always say, we had a cleaner but he never came again. this normally rings alarm bells with me coz 0/10 there a nightmare customer and im starting to see it now. theres always one customer out of about 20 who will be a pain in the neck. i charge by the windows normally which is £1.00, french doors are £2.00 and patio doors are £2.00 little windows are 50p then i add a few more quid on if i think its gunna be a pain in the bk end. i got told i was too cheap by one customer and he gave me a £4 rise lol. my average home is £12 which tkes me about 20-30 mins all up.

thats ok i have one who wont pay, cos its not worth 12.50 to have windows cleaned with hose pipe.........
mate id lose the 50ps to be honest and round it off. less change then in ya pockets lol. say ill take it down to 12 or sumthing. ive learnt to rise above people like that now. other day i got wound up coz i always do a good job and to say i was lieing was an insult. cant they just say i wanna cancel.

I have done now i keep it in whole pounds, been trying to get paid for about 6 weeks now they owe £25 for 2 cleans all the keep saying is we dont want them doing anymore.

They sent me this message

I have reactivated my Facebook to send this message. I do not take kindly to threats and will not be bullied into paying for a service which I do not think warrants the amount of money being charged. My family most certainly are NOT scum! We have had issues that are personal to us that I am not about to discuss with our former window cleaner and if you came to my door with the correct attitude you would receive the same respect in return. As a gesture of goodwill, I will offer you £12.50, half of the total amount owed on the condition that my family receive an apology from you. I do not believe that simply hosing windows warrants £12.50! Should you wish to take us to court then that is your choice. This is my full and final offer

My Reply

Hi Sarah yes sorry for that frustration got the better of me i'm afraid and was totally out of order.

Saying my work is substandard is not very nice either and looks like an excuse not to pay from our point i have cleaned over 500 house and this the first complaint i have had.

Let me assure you we do not hose windows down i have cleaned your windows 5 times but only been paid for 3 of them. So why the problem now?

I'am prepaired to come and discusses the method of cleaning your windows with the use of water fed pole and pure water. Water that we have to filter from the tap so it does not leave marks like it would do if just used a hose

There next reply

I have taken the decision to no longer have our windows cleaned and to do them ourselves, if you wish to accept my offer of £12.50 then please send me the link to pay online and i will do that. Should you not wish to accept then please advise of your intentions by message or post.

Unsure what to do now take the half payment, put them in court or right it off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back