Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Was Due A Custy Like This.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Educate customers about wfp then if done correctly you should never get any complaints. I’ve found it doesn't matter how good you think you are you can still leave drip marks and spotting on some panes of glass if not careful when it dry’s.

I have done now i keep it in whole pounds, been trying to get paid for about 6 weeks now they owe £25 for 2 cleans all the keep saying is we dont want them doing anymore.

They sent me this message

I have reactivated my Facebook to send this message. I do not take kindly to threats and will not be bullied into paying for a service which I do not think warrants the amount of money being charged. My family most certainly are NOT scum! We have had issues that are personal to us that I am not about to discuss with our former window cleaner and if you came to my door with the correct attitude you would receive the same respect in return. As a gesture of goodwill, I will offer you £12.50, half of the total amount owed on the condition that my family receive an apology from you. I do not believe that simply hosing windows warrants £12.50! Should you wish to take us to court then that is your choice. This is my full and final offer

My Reply

Hi Sarah yes sorry for that frustration got the better of me i'm afraid and was totally out of order.

Saying my work is substandard is not very nice either and looks like an excuse not to pay from our point i have cleaned over 500 house and this the first complaint i have had.

Let me assure you we do not hose windows down i have cleaned your windows 5 times but only been paid for 3 of them. So why the problem now?

I'am prepaired to come and discusses the method of cleaning your windows with the use of water fed pole and pure water. Water that we have to filter from the tap so it does not leave marks like it would do if just used a hose

There next reply

I have taken the decision to no longer have our windows cleaned and to do them ourselves, if you wish to accept my offer of £12.50 then please send me the link to pay online and i will do that. Should you not wish to accept then please advise of your intentions by message or post.

Unsure what to do now take the half payment, put them in court or right it off

I would send them a message saying

"it sounds like you need the £12.50 more than what I do so please accept it as a present"

Simples!!!!

Good Idea Damo not thought of that. Though think in her last reply she seems scared of court action. Though i have actually written it off my books anyway

It is the principale i know mate.

We are currently chasing a

£40 debt (£9 a clean, then some odd amounts)

£20 debt (two £10 cleans)

£47.50 debt (£7.50 a clean i think)

£24 debt (£8 a clean)

I wont let any of them go mate. Once they have all paid up, SEE YA!!!

Yep Principle with me if they turned round and said cant aford to pay you the yes fair enough,but to start slagging my work off to try and get out of it. Thats not right, my Mrs says take the off the tell em to do one, but that like admiting i did a poor job

Designed and printed some new payment slips which work very very well my debtor book stands at £0 other than this

take them to court with money claim online, sounds like they know the system where they think if they off a final and full settlement the court will be on there side, prob been listening to that martin lewis

just say, sorry, would you work then take have the wages that was agreed, then say i am taking you to court

say im sorry but the matters gone to debt collections now, say i know its only 20 odd quid but is it worth being black listed over. simples. or like another cleaner said ask her how much her excess on her car is but do this on the fone, you cant afford for evidence in text or email to get out. personally id sit bk and wait a few months, let her think shes got the better of you and then from no where hit her with a sucker punch, go round and get whats worth 20 odd quid. i know what im getting from the bird who says i left her bk windows dirty and i never done last month so she got a new cleaner. ill either smear cooking oil on her glass and door handles or get her karcher pressure washer.

I know it the principle of things but really, come on, some of the ideas here seem to me to be a bit much. You know you've done a good job and always do a good job and you know what some customers are like, they'll say or do anything to avoid paying and having to tell you face to face they want to cancel. Just chalk it up to experience and just let other cleaners know that they are bad payers and just walk away. For a measly £20 I would and replace her with 2 jobs that you do quicker for more money. simples no?? lol !!!!

your making some noise over £20 this has been going on all week !! get rid and move on its all part and parcel with our jobs we are all dealing with the same issue. As for the scumbags you want to cool your jets !! bluemoon thinks it a bit much .. load of ....

your making some noise over £20 this has been going on all week !! get rid and move on its all part and parcel with our jobs we are all dealing with the same issue. As for the scumbags you want to cool your jets !! bluemoon thinks it a bit much .. load of ....
Exactly and finally, all this have you got insurance and all makes it sound like the playground when I was 12, my dads bigger than yours. And that your honour is my final argument!!!!! lol !!!!

Thread closed as I feel this will only go one way now.

OP - You have plenty of choices in here, I suggest you take the one that doesn't damage your reputation or business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back