Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My new offer am going to do

WCF

Help Support WCF:

harunh

Ordered 250 business cards from Vistaprint it was free but just payed £4.00 for delivery.

When i clean a house i always leave a invoice, and i just got some cards to go with it /emoticons/smile.png

its called the referral programme, They refer family, friend or their neighbur to use our service on a monthly basis and they get their next clean for free. They must give their address as a reference.

Im hoping this brings in a few customers for me .

I already do something similar H but knock off a percentage not give it for free.

Oh and I only give the discount if the referal is in same area, use fuel saving as an excuse for doing it.

Free is better, its like an opportunity they cant waste /emoticons/smile.png so they will get me customers which is worth it

I wouldn't say free is better H different but certainly not better. It's like selling something for £5.99 it sounds cheaper than £6.00 and ya don't have to actually only charge £5.00, do ya get what I mean.

Free might be better, but you do not mind not getting not for a job for a referal?

If you knock 25% off or half price, then at least your getting paid for it.

Yourl regret it even if one off, yourl be cleaning them saying to yourself, wish I was getting paid this time..

I understand,a few people do this, not long ago someone said he hasnt charged 1 of his customers for over a year because she recommended that many new customers lol, he didnt mind aslong as he got new customers. Some people do it for free & some people do it % off.

I undestand, i dont mind /emoticons/smile.png my aim is to get upto 100 customers and this will help me acheve that. Im not making anything at the moment. My part time job covers my bills etc, once i get 100 customers thats when i start earning. Its not about getting money, its about getting customers and giving 100% i already got 13 customers. 87% to go /emoticons/tongue.png

how much time have you spent canvassing big H ?

I personally wouldn't do it this way until I was at least making A half decent income as every penny counts .

The way I see it is if a jobs worth a tenner that tenner could put fuel in ya motor for a day or two .

Do not give your services away for free especially not at this point in establishing your round .

only give a discount when you can afford it .

mmm people will refer you without any offer at all tbh offer an incentive will help them actually ask thay mates ect ect

but ya if it helps gain a few good solid customers why not

You don't really need to do special offers as Ryan said people refer you anyway long as you do a good job. Think some insetive is good but I tell people if yer get say 3 customers i will say give you a clean half price. Also H slow down on the invoices???

What do u mean slow down on the invoices?

And i can afford it, am free 5 days a week ! So i got plenty of time on my hands. So id rather do a free clean for a customer.Would you clean a house for free to gain a new customer? Yes why not !

Its worth it for me.

Fair enough H if ya got time and don't need money at moment ya can at least put it down to practice I suppose and build that customer base up whilst its not essential to earn the money.

If you think it's right for you it probably is mate but if it turns out to be a mistake, because you can afford to do it just chalk it up to experience.

^^^^^ true my aim is to build a customer base with 100 customers then thats when the money comes in. I should easily get 60 customers in 3 months, but i think i could get to the the 80-100 mark if i work hard

This isn't a new idea for harunh, he put it out there some months ago and it was soundly rubbished then. It still hasn't changed. I've been doing this since 1996 (save for a small break). I also know loads of other window cleaners as personal friends. I have never, ever done this. Neither has any one else I've ever come across done it. We are all doing well.

If you are any good they will be telling their friends anyway, pleased to be able to say "I've found a really good window cleaner!"

It may work. People may give you recommends. Then what? You are stuck with having to do loads of freebies when you would probably have got the work anyway.

Just get out there, knock on doors, do the jobs and it will start to build on itself. If you're any good.........

Referrals are wicked. If you have a fixed referral programme in place, people can actively begin to market your business for you. As long as they're getting something in return. The fine line between referral and affiliate?

I am planning on getting new windows cleaned cards done and on reverse-

Recommend a friend or neighbour for regular cleaning and get your next clean free..

It will need to be regular cleaning, and I will maybe get some cards say half price, as I wouldn't want a £30 house getting me a £7 job and having to do £30 clean for free lol

I was also thinking of offering £5 for each referral..

Belfast. Dont offer £5.00, a free clean is enough mate, dont take money out of your own pocket.

Belfast. Dont offer £5.00, a free clean is enough mate, dont take money out of your own pocket.
He wouldn't H, it'd be just the same as knocking £5 off next clean which is probs what they'd do.

I do £5 for a referall I even put that on Facebook so people I don't even clean fir have told me about a few, it's got me work I offer it to everybody so if somebody got me 10 jobs I pay £50 after speaking to the customer and doing the first clean, it works for me.

I would rather do that than give a first clean away

Latest Posts

Back