Water Dripping From Pump When Not In Use?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by roly, Jun 26, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. roly

roly Newcomer

hi

i'm new to wfp and have recently bought a van with a wfp system fitted. i notice that when not in use and with pump off, with water in the tank my outlet drips, which i'm guessing is just the pressure of water in the tank. is this normal with a shurflo pump turned off? and if it is normal is there a hozelock blanking fitting available that i can just stick on the end of my outlet connector (i've been searching but can't find one) it's not a big issue but my drive is on a slope and in the winter i'm goinf to have a big patch of ice.

Advertisement
  2. Shaun1977

Shaun1977 Forum Addict

Yeah mine has tiny drip nothing major though

3. mark m

mark m Hero

Not sure what you mean but this will stop it dripping from the connector

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOZELOCK-2055-HOSE-AQUA-WATER-STOP-CONNECTOR-NEW-/390386915405?pt=UK_Home_Garden_GardenEquipment_HandTools_SM&hash=item5ae4df984d

4. roly

roly Newcomer

hi mark

yeah i know about them but they are the wrong way round for what i need. they stop the water flowing from the hose end when you take unplug something. ive got a male hose connector that i connect to under my van that i need to cap when not in use.

5. gto

gto Active Member

havent you got a shut off on your tank, incase you have to pull out the pump.
    if not fit one and when you finish turn the tap off.

6. nearlyclean

Supplier

fit a tap between the pump and tank

7. roly

roly Newcomer

thanks, yes obvious when i think about it now. i haven't got one at the moment but i'll get one and fit it. does anyone know what size barb i need for connecting normal 1/2" hose?

Advertisement