Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WATER-FED TRADITIONAL CLEANING SYSTEM

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have already ordered some parts to give it a go ,as I am vertically challenged ( Short A..... ) and have to carry something to stand on plus bucket plus on rare occasions a ladder removing a bucket is a big plus (have tried soap in a bottle and a spray bottle with soapy water ).Also less bending to dip applicator .

Well done Rugby for sharing but can you put a pic of how you have fitted nozzle to blade bar .

I have already ordered some parts to give it a go ,as I am vertically challenged ( Short A..... ) and have to carry something to stand on plus bucket plus on rare occasions a ladder removing a bucket is a big plus (have tried soap in a bottle and a spray bottle with soapy water ).Also less bending to dip applicator .

Well done Rugby for sharing but can you put a pic of how you have fitted nozzle to blade bar .
As I have said at the top, I have made some vids, so it'll be in there somewhere, It is in this video at about 34 minutes in

I personally use both WFP and Traditional depending on the job and situation. Check the attached pic. This is a busy row of shops that I do fortnightly. To use WFP I would have to be high vis, signs all over the place and with one tap at the extreme end of the building, 170m of hose (no need to comment on carrying your own water, the busy car park would make that just as problematic). The alternative, and I do this every other month to access the glass awnings and high glass above the awnings, is an early AM start prior to commencement of business. NOW this system of @rugbywolf would have real value here and in fact I’m keen on transferring this idea so my 12 foot trad pole could be utilised. I only use ladders on a ‘no alternative’ basis. I can see this also being incredibly useful in busy malls and glassed walkways. It so easy to ‘diss’ something when you haven’t tried it. ‘Pfft, all it is, is Wag, blah blah, Fliq’ ... sure and if it works or improves on the original or something new comes from a combination of the existing and known? Why not? After all Excelerator/Fliq would not exist without the years of Wagtail/Flippers that came before.  I see the value and thinking behind it.  Nice one @rugbywolf

View attachment 16735

Sure you are NZ? This looks identical to a hotel I used to do on Jersey. 

There is no issues with either method, trad or WFP although it should be a matter of which is most practical to the operator and provides the safest method to the operator and public. 

What gets me is one someone goes on the overly defensive when someone offers an alternative opinion to theirs on a board designed for discussion.    

What is it with wfp people. They're like some of these religious groups, insecure in their own religion, and have to go about telling everyone that they are in the wrong
Case in point. 

I actually like the system shown here in the video and I'm looking at ways to develop it as a cheaper alternative to the Dragonfly for our internal cleans

Been using a similar set up but using merman exelerator for last few months deffinalty wont be going back to carrying a bucket .Thanks for sharing Rugby

Back