Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water from 4 jets and rinse bar

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Armistead Cleaning

Is the above possible? That is, for a 4 jet brush with rinse bar fitted, for the water to come out of all jets as well as the rinse bar? Is there a combination of fittings I can put together to make this work?

Stck a 9lpm pump in thats your best bet there I think.

I use 14" with 4 jets and the flow for me is ideal, plenty for water "volume" and not too much "pressure" that seems to me to be the golden ratio.

Too much pressure and its hard to control arond the top frame or other sensitve places, not enough volume and you cant get a decent enough rinse within a reasonable timeframe.

Ive tried it all over the years, rinse bars, 2 jets, 4 jets , 6 jets, 3 jets modifiying my own brushes along the way. I have 8-10 brushes on board and rarely deviate from the 14" 4x2mm jets with full flow.

Stck a 9lpm pump in thats your best bet there I think.

I use 14" with 4 jets and the flow for me is ideal, plenty for water "volume" and not too much "pressure" that seems to me to be the golden ratio.

Too much pressure and its hard to control arond the top frame or other sensitve places, not enough volume and you cant get a decent enough rinse within a reasonable timeframe.

Ive tried it all over the years, rinse bars, 2 jets, 4 jets , 6 jets, 3 jets modifiying my own brushes along the way. I have 8-10 brushes on board and rarely deviate from the 14" 4x2mm jets with full flow.
Good to see you back Paul, thought you had given up on window cleaning.

Nah not me still splashing n dashing. I thought this forum had shut down or something? I can remember looking for it some years ago and not being able to find it
Yes, Gavin changed alot of things and it went offline for a week or so. I was just starting out when I joined the forum and you were on it all the time. I had about 10 customers back then and I think I have about 100 now. The best thing I did was get a hotwater system from Grippa and that was my turning point. It meant I could do more awkward cleans and do my cleans quicker. The only thing I would say is that all the stuff that makes us more efficient costs a fair bit of money but once we have it means we are swimming with the tide. ?

Yes, Gavin changed alot of things and it went offline for a week or so. I was just starting out when I joined the forum and you were on it all the time. I had about 10 customers back then and I think I have about 100 now. The best thing I did was get a hotwater system from Grippa and that was my turning point. It meant I could do more awkward cleans and do my cleans quicker. The only thing I would say is that all the stuff that makes us more efficient costs a fair bit of money but once we have it means we are swimming with the tide. ?
I'm glad its working for you mate, and nice one for upping your custom x10.

Yeah I used to be a window cleaning nut, then one day I realised I had just spent a whole decade thinking of nothing else. Did the business good though as I achieved a lot being wholely focused on it. Its kinda been crusing a long since then

One of these with front one going to rinse bar and 2 y connectors to jets

Attachments

• IMG_1669.png
    IMG_1669.png
    104.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1670.png
    IMG_1670.png
    100.6 KB · Views: 3
Good to see your posting again @paul alan, you still using Gardiner extreme 14” brush?
Hi Den mate, yes actually I am, now and again I put a differnet one on but will take it off a couple of jobs. I still have one of the old white and black ones, good nick still after years of use, the new all white ones just aint the same. Whats your go to now?

I use the 35cm extreme on my 22 extreme pole and 26cm medium tapertec extreme on my 25 extreme pole When using cold water
just like yourself I do have a chop around with several other brushes But always go back to the extremes
Only use hot water on the very coldest of days. Then it’s normally the extreme stiff or medium extreme sill.
On new cleans ultimate flock or medium soft.
I still have on the van old 35cm extreme with rinse bar but very rarely use it due to having a dodgy shoulder don’t like extra weight lol.

I use the 35cm extreme on my 22 extreme pole and 26cm medium tapertec extreme on my 25 extreme pole When using cold water
just like yourself I do have a chop around with several other brushes But always go back to the extremes
Only use hot water on the very coldest of days. Then it’s normally the extreme stiff or medium extreme sill.
On new cleans ultimate flock or medium soft.
I still have on the van old 35cm extreme with rinse bar but very rarely use it due to having a dodgy shoulder don’t like extra weight lol.
Funny you should say that, I had a bash with the old rinse bar today. Popping back on the forum reminded me of it, was fun, broke the boredom a little.

Was ok on some windows but they were pretty messy today, them damn spiders leaving webs everywhere that were full of grass and bits of leaves.

How easy would this job be if we didnt have spiders on them!

Whats the hot like? How are you heating your tank?

Does it make much difference? on things like bug spots and them tiny little bird mucks that dont come off with anything but a scraper (had loads of them today)z

Gardiners do a scraper pad that goes on the gooseneck which is quite good. Their water through pad is also great for conny roofs and upper sills on bad first cleans.
Got one but kept getting it stuck when I was trying to fit brush through bars on balconies. Ended up cutting it off because I couldn't be bothered stripping the pole down. I think the ends is the best place for a small pad. Think I will need to drill a few hole on end and use a tie wrap to keep them on.

Got one but kept getting it stuck when I was trying to fit brush through bars on balconies. Ended up cutting it off because I couldn't be bothered stripping the pole down. I think the ends is the best place for a small pad. Think I will need to drill a few hole on end and use a tie wrap to keep them on.
Post some picys when you do it. Don't think that would work for me as I use a swivel but might be handy for others.

Funny you should say that, I had a bash with the old rinse bar today. Popping back on the forum reminded me of it, was fun, broke the boredom a little.

Was ok on some windows but they were pretty messy today, them damn spiders leaving webs everywhere that were full of grass and bits of leaves.

How easy would this job be if we didnt have spiders on them!

Whats the hot like? How are you heating your tank?

Does it make much difference? on things like bug spots and them tiny little bird mucks that dont come off with anything but a scraper (had loads of them today)z
Immersion heater mate nothing special notice a difference with snail trails that’s about it I use Gardiner scraper for bird/insect spider **** hot water. Did quoits an in depth thread a couple years back on immersion installation. Nice in really cold weather supple hose which is warm lol.

I've adapted my brush and it seems to be working well. I only had to increase my flow rate by 5 to make sure the water from the rinse bar clears the bristles. I've found it's best to work slower and more methodically than I was, but I need less passes on the window 20230901_133614.jpgbefore they become clean

I've adapted my brush and it seems to be working well. I only had to increase my flow rate by 5 to make sure the water from the rinse bar clears the bristles. I've found it's best to work slower and more methodically than I was, but I need less passes on the window View attachment 29067before they become clean
I think Gardiners do a 4 way splitter for their wide brushes with 4 jets on.
Do you think overall your speed has increased or is water consumption down?

Back