Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

water genie system and pump Wiring question!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

chris clean

Hi guys so thanks alot for all the guys who have suggestions on why my pump wasn't working over weekend. No air locks blockages etc. It turned out the flow controller had in some failed causing pump to also go. Have had both replaced today which was a pain but all good now. My question is this as I only have a simple delivery only system ie. Leisure battery (no split relay) to pump controller to pump and out of van port could the battery of done something to damage controller? I had it tested in Halfords and they said it's spot on no issues. The whole system was installed at cleaning warehouse @Green Pro Clean Ltd I know you use then I have been happy with them. The links between battery and controller are all enclosed but I assume theres a fuse in there if needed as all built by them and they guy doing it seemed very knowledgeable and experienced. I just wonder if anything I can do to prevent this or any similar experiences?! Can a battery even surge or similar and damage controller ?cheers lads

Yes there should be a fuse close to the battery on either the positive or negative lead.

Sometimes flow controllers die. Might not be an error in the system, it just happens.

This should help you @chris clean

http://springltd.co/assets/uploads/content/V11d_Basic_Data_Sheet.pdf

One of the things that destroyed controllers was accidently reversing polarity. Reverse polarity is done when the battery terminals are connected incorrectly - we've all done it.

The latest Spring controllers advertise they have reversed polarity protection. So I don't know of any other reason for component failure unless the unit has become faulty for some reason.

This should help you @chris clean

http://springltd.co/assets/uploads/content/V11d_Basic_Data_Sheet.pdf

One of the things that destroyed controllers was accidently reversing polarity. Reverse polarity is done when the battery terminals are connected incorrectly - we've all done it.

The latest Spring controllers advertise they have reversed polarity protection. So I don't know of any other reason for component failure unless the unit has become faulty for some reason.
Really helpful thanks @spruce

Back