Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water meter

WCF

Help Support WCF:

steve garwood

ginger lion
Morning guys. Been on the search option and read lots of conflicting views about water meters.
My wife and I are considering putting in an offer on a house which unfortunately is on a meter.
If I use 400litres a day, any idea roughly what this would cost me please?
Any other advice would be appreciated. Thanks ?

I think it varies from suppliers but I believe the price is around £3 per cubic meter including waste someone on the other forum worked it out that it cost around £8 -£9 to produce 1000 litres so probably around £20 a week for you.

I’m on a meter I don’t claim back any return to sewage costs I use around 500-600+ litres a day and in the summer we fill my daughters paddling pool daily as well as a hot tub,wash the car and van etc and my water bill is not that bad.I can’t think exactly but from what I rember it’s under £100 a month.

I use about 400L a day and recently discovered my static system had been spewing out more waste than I'd like, which put my direct debit up to about £130 a month - taking into account that the waste water is now almost halved, I'd expect it to be around the £90-100 mark.

I would guess at about £5 a day to cover water supply and waste charge. I believe some water companies will allow a reduction in waste water charge if the waste goes to a soakaway and you have an extra meter fitted to your ro supply.
In the grand scheme of things a few ££ for water shouldn't put you off buying a house.
If you fit a meter to your ro inlet then you can claim the extra water and sewerage as a business expense, so 25% less of a cost due to offsetting it against your tax!

Morning guys. Been on the search option and read lots of conflicting views about water meters.
My wife and I are considering putting in an offer on a house which unfortunately is on a meter.
If I use 400litres a day, any idea roughly what this would cost me please?
Any other advice would be appreciated. Thanks ?

This is from our supplier, Northumbrian Water

We have just moved to a house with a water meter. Dam it lol. Silly question. Do i fit a sub meter before it goes into my filters/ro etc? Then give the readings to my water supplier? I've not been on a meter before so it's all new to me.

I dont know your area but I phoned my water company and they came and fitted a sub meter so I only pay for the water on that not the sewerage charge it does make a big difference to the bill .

Latest Posts

Back