Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water tank fitted cost on insurance.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I've spent a lot of time looking into this in the past, mainly due to my anxiety and needing to make sure I had all the I's dotted and T's crossed, so to speak. One thing I learnt was that, in the eyes of the insurance company, even a ratchet strapped tank is a modification. We can argue till we're blue in the face, but like others have said, you're only causing yourself problems as they won't pay out.

Interestingly a few have said here about you being 'uninsured' if you have an accident. This isn't entirely true, if I understand it all correctly. Insurance companies are obliged to still cover you 3rd party even if they decided you violated your own cover. However, they do have the right to then chase you for the money.

Let's say you decided to drive your car drunk and get into a accident. Your insurance company will still cover the damages for all third parties, but not for yourself. And then would likely send you an invoice for the costs.

So I would think the same applies if it's discovered you haven't mentioned having a water tank, for instance. I am not 100% sure on this, obviously, so please don't quote me! ?

I've spent a lot of time looking into this in the past, mainly due to my anxiety and needing to make sure I had all the I's dotted and T's crossed, so to speak. One thing I learnt was that, in the eyes of the insurance company, even a ratchet strapped tank is a modification. We can argue till we're blue in the face, but like others have said, you're only causing yourself problems as they won't pay out.

Interestingly a few have said here about you being 'uninsured' if you have an accident. This isn't entirely true, if I understand it all correctly. Insurance companies are obliged to still cover you 3rd party even if they decided you violated your own cover. However, they do have the right to then chase you for the money.

Let's say you decided to drive your car drunk and get into a accident. Your insurance company will still cover the damages for all third parties, but not for yourself. And then would likely send you an invoice for the costs.

So I would think the same applies if it's discovered you haven't mentioned having a water tank, for instance. I am not 100% sure on this, obviously, so please don't quote me! ?
Yes you are right 

You are spot on. Say for example @Tuffers  hits the back of a 21 plate range rover on monday morning and the driver claims whiplash or worse and has some time of work a few private doctor then physio appointments which the insurance company will give as standard and the back end of the range rover needs replacing. His insurance company would check if he is driving exactly as per his policy which of course he isnt therefore they would pay out to the other driver and compensate his/ her medical Bill's. Then within days would be starting the civil proceedings to cover all costs plus legal costs and it would be tens of thousands minimum for the most simple bump because they bill the insurance staff and legal staff and medical staff at huge hourly rates. Also he would find it virtually impossible to get insurance ever again as he would have to lie on the questions about ever made false claims nor fraudulent policy etc. Which handily for the insurance company he has admitted all over this forum ?

Latest Posts

Back